PDA

View Full Version : Between jello and a soft place

ilya
05-31-2005, 02:04 AM
$50 on Party.

300/600 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 12509791) - Wed May 25 02:48:50 EDT 2005
Table Table 11135 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: SS988 (600)
Seat 4: fore36 (2762)
Seat 7: Attuned (5218)
Seat 9: ShaolinDonk (1420)
ShaolinDonk posts small blind (150)
SS988 posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ShaolinDonk [ 8h, 6d ]
fore36 folds.
Attuned folds.

Pushing here is correct according to SGA. even if BB calls with any 2. As we know, though, people will usually fold some hands even when they should call with any 2. This makes pushing here even more +$EV.

On the other hand, I have 86o. The large majority of the time, I will hate seeing BB's cards. If I fold now and push next hand, SB may fold lots of hands hoping that the BB will bust me, and BB may fold lots of hands because SB will be so short.

On the other hand, I don't have all that much FE with my 3xbb stack. BB *can* call with a fairly wide range because he'll still be in decent shape if he loses. Also, he may well realize what I'm trying to do, which again may cause him to loosen his calling standards.

So I dunno.

tech
05-31-2005, 02:41 AM
I would much rather gamble here than push any two into a big stack next hand.

Didn't know you were shaolindonk, btw. I'll have to throw in a spite call next time I'm at your table. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ilya
05-31-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Didn't know you were shaolindonk, btw. I'll have to throw in a spite call next time I'm at your table. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your SN, dude?

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 07:42 AM
"fold preflop"

Danielih
05-31-2005, 08:23 AM
I pretty much agree with your thinking here. I think at a certain point in a four handed SNG the ratio of your stack to the stack of the fourth player is such that play is different than what the basic math would suggest.

Only to illustrate the point, assume that the player had only a single chip. It would almost certainly be right to fold here. Even if he doubled up he would be all in many many times before you would ever have to be.

Then again I wonder

If you are pushing in the SB the amount of chips you gain when they fold or when they call and you go on to win the hand account for enough higher finishes that pushing must be right?

treeofwisdom7
05-31-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scuba Chuck
05-31-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here is correct according to SGA. even if BB calls with any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, this is definately one of those unique situations. IMO, the best way to play this hand is to complete, and lead out on any flop. If he reraises you preflop, well then you race.

MrX
05-31-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know either, but in my experience most with the word donk in their names are decent players.

BTW this is a thread bump too, I am still thinking about this one. This type of hand is mush more interesting and challengeng, plus has more ROI effect than all the .."How do I play AQ, AK on Level 1" posts.

MrX

ilya
05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here is correct according to SGA. even if BB calls with any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, this is definately one of those unique situations. IMO, the best way to play this hand is to complete, and lead out on any flop. If he reraises you preflop, well then you race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, interesting idea! Create a bit more folding equity, it definitely does.

Moonsugar
05-31-2005, 04:04 PM
This is a great way to play this hand.

tech
05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your SN, dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

I change as often as I can, but right now I am playing under wigglyparty and freakplus.