PDA

View Full Version : Could the Chiefs turn their backs on K.C.?

adios
05-31-2005, 01:50 AM
They've got stadium issues apparently and if the grass is greener somewhere else ...

Don't want to see it happen though. Chiefs management say their committed to K.C. but money talks and B.S. walks.

Here's the article

Could the Chiefs be Moving out of K.C. ? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=knight-arrowdead&prov=knight&type=lgns)

Dynasty
05-31-2005, 01:56 AM
There's no way the Chiefs would ever leave Kansas City. There's far too much tradition and fan loyalty involved.

Oh, wait. They can make more money elsewhere? Yeah, that could cause them to leave town.

Tron
05-31-2005, 01:57 AM
I don't know what other city could possibly put up with all the Chiefs' bullsh!t.

bernie
05-31-2005, 05:04 AM
Other cities put up with the former baltimore colts BS.
Other cities put up with the Cleveland Browns BS.

Remember how those 2 teams left?

Plenty of cities would take them.

b

Tron
05-31-2005, 05:18 AM
Yeah, and both those teams have turned out to be very, very successful.

The Chiefs probably won't win a playoff game for another decade.

wonderwes
05-31-2005, 06:02 AM
Where else would they go besides LA?

bernie
05-31-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and both those teams have turned out to be very, very successful.

The Chiefs probably won't win a playoff game for another decade.

[/ QUOTE ]

And both those teams screwed their 'old' fans pretty hard. Especially in Cleveland. They really got sh*t on. Modell is a scum. The browns were very successful in getting fans in the stadium. Which is what pro sports is all about. Don't kid yourself and think it's about winning championships.

Those fans who recieved them with open arms in the destination cities have no bitch should the same thing happen to them. But then again, fans seem not to mind getting screwed over repeatedly. Take the mariners, for instance...

b

Tron
05-31-2005, 11:28 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE KING????

DeezNuts
06-01-2005, 12:59 AM
We need a team!!!

Although I am a Vikings fan and an NFC guy. I'll take anything and happily buy season tickets, I just love football. Please come to LA!

The stadium issue in LA has turned into a pathetic joke, though.

DN

Stuey
06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Is it wrong that this makes me sad? I live in Canada and have never been to a Chief home game. I have cheered for them since the day I first saw the Nigerian nightmare. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

DeezNuts
06-01-2005, 01:31 AM
A bunch of my friends lived around the corner from the great Okoye when I was in jr high. He was a very big, nice guy and would always be willing to sign stuff for us kids.

DN

fluxrad
06-01-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it wrong that this makes me sad? I live in Canada and have never been to a Chief home game. I have cheered for them since the day I first saw the Nigerian nightmare. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - So you remember vividly when Atwater put him on his ass.

Stuey
06-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Yah that was ugly. It had to sound worse than it was or he would be dead. Both guys were great tough players imo. And that's what I respect the most.

Mike Tyson said it best "He hits like a [censored] mule kicks!"

chaas4747
06-01-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - So you remember vividly when Atwater put him on his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the best hit ever. On a side note. I bought a autographed pair of Turf shoes signed by him at a charity auction for $100. Still have them today.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Arrowhead is still a great stadium. For it's age, it is amazing. It would be a shame for them not to renovate it.

But if the Cheifs moved to the Kansas side, that would kick ass for me. I would not have drive all the way through KC to get to a game.

I do not see them leaving the KC Metro area, just using leverage of a possible move to get a better stadium in MO or bolting over to KS.

chaas4747
06-01-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Arrowhead is still a great stadium. For it's age, it is amazing. It would be a shame for them not to renovate it.

But if the Cheifs moved to the Kansas side, that would kick ass for me. I would not have drive all the way through KC to get to a game.

I do not see them leaving the KC Metro area, just using leverage of a possible move to get a better stadium in MO or bolting over to KS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if they were to move anywhere it would be over by the speedway. That seems to be where everything is going now.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 11:18 AM
I was not around when the Speedway was built, but I assume that lots of tax dollars were used to build it. Has the county paid all of that off? If not, I think that Johnson County would be the place that would have the best realistic chance to build a 400 million dollar stadium.

But if it got to that point, I think that Jackson County would find the money. Where big things are built in Kansas City is just one huge KS vs MO pissing contest. I remember how MO was all pissed about the Speedway going on the Kansas side. I understand why the fighting happens, but the end result is usually not good for us that live in the area.

If you would move Kaufman Stadium over by the Speedway or off of K10 in Johnson County. I would be a season ticket holder in a heartbeat.

chaas4747
06-01-2005, 11:26 AM
The K, if it moves, will more than likly go downtown that is the plan. Folks from the Dot did experience a tax hike when the speedway was build. Being a JoCo resident myself I would love to see them move out by K7 and K10. But I think the reality will be they will stay along the 435 loop.

bd8802
06-01-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The K, if it moves, will more than likly go downtown that is the plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not mind that either. Kansas City's downtown needs a renovation. Ballparks seem to do the trick. Most of the new ballparks being build are a part of a downtown revitalization project.

Overall, any location is better than the one it currently has. The stadiums are both awesome, but the location might be the all time worst.