PDA

View Full Version : party through socks proxy, possible?

waffle
05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
can I send all my party poker traffic through a socks proxy?

if not, has anyone used SSH tunneling to tunnel their party traffic through another machine?

o0mr_bill0o
05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
trying to take two seats on the same table? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

as far as i know it should be possible, but i've never really felt the need to make the least bit of effort to give it a try.

waffle
05-31-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, temporarily using an insecure wireless connection at my new place while waiting for internet to be installed. am already routing web and chat through a secure SSH connection, want to do the same with poker.

o0mr_bill0o
05-31-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, temporarily using an insecure wireless connection at my new place while waiting for internet to be installed. am already routing web and chat through a secure SSH connection, want to do the same with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

paranoid much? I think the encryption on party and skins is pretty solid, certainly solid enough that nobody's going to be able to snag your passwords by inercepting the communications.

waffle
05-31-2005, 02:06 AM
yeah, you're right. i'm probably just too paranoid..

jba
05-31-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, you're right. i'm probably just too paranoid..

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd technically be able to determine if you are using a proxy, and if they found out I bet it would freak them out. you're probably much better off relying on their encryption

you count on it anyways when you're wired

jdhf
06-01-2005, 04:20 AM
They shouldn't be able to tell if your on a proxy if it is a true socks5 one.