PDA

View Full Version : I WIN!!

kipin
05-31-2005, 12:30 AM
So a couple months back I bought the Curb Your Enthusiasm season three DVD, in it there was some flyer to take an online survey for a chance at a free DVD. So I went ahead and sold my soul for chance at one free HBO TV series DVD.

Then I opened my mail from Saturday today and was pleasantly surprised to find this.

http://img276.echo.cx/img276/1121/winnar3bg.jpg

I picked Band of Brothers, so I should be getting it in a few weeks.

Anyone have any good "winner" stories to go along with this?

miajag81
05-31-2005, 12:31 AM
congrats, and nice pick

Inthacup
05-31-2005, 12:33 AM
holy crap! You're the first person I know of that has won a feedback prize.

Congrats

kipin
05-31-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
holy crap! You're the first person I know of that has won a feedback prize.

Congrats

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

rusellmj
05-31-2005, 12:48 AM
I won Medal of Honor from Alienware.com after filling out an online questionaire a few years back.

youtalkfunny
05-31-2005, 02:37 AM
--I picked up a gallon-sized bottle of Stoli as a door prize at my 5th-year high school re-union. Salvaged an otherwise worthless evening.

--My old man answered the phone one night, and the excited operator told him he had a chance to win a fabulous prize if he could answer the following question: In which hand does the Statue of Liberty hold her torch?

Smelling a rat, my Dad said he didn't know. The operator urged him to guess. My Dad said into the phone, "OK, I'll guess that it's....both hands?"

Thank God for the National No-Call List. This story is so outdated, I might as well mention that my Dad's phone had a DIAL on it at the time.

--I just watched all ten episodes of "Band of Brothers" this weekend. Greatest television event EVER. I'd love to see it on a theater-sized screen, with surround-sound.

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Don't mean to hijack, but I noticed Mr. Show is on the list. Anyone think this highly underrated show is hilarious?

-Craig

JTG51
05-31-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I once got the brass ring on the merry-go-round on Martha's Vinyard and got a free ride.

ClassicBob
05-31-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't mean to hijack, but I noticed Mr. Show is on the list. Anyone think this highly underrated show is hilarious?

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. One of my favorite shows of all time. I have all the DVDs, but season 3 has gone missing. You have no idea how upset I was when I couldn't find it. It's the best season of the best sketch show of all time.

Gamblor
05-31-2005, 02:54 AM
When I was 10, my dad, through an old friend, managed to score tickets to the 1990 Sports Celebrity dinner for some charity or other in Toronto.

At the head table were: Bruce McNall, John Candy, Wendel Clark, Eric Lindros, Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Norm Jewison, John Candy, a bunch of Argos and Blue Jays (I don't remember who, but my alltime baseball hero Ernie Whitt was among them) and a few others I forget.

There were about 500 people there, and they had 3 door prizes. 1st was a round trip flight anywhere in the world, second was mens and ladies wittnauer gold watches, and 3rd was a year-pass for two to any Cineplex Odeon movie theatre in Canada.

Now, as a 10 year old kid, which do you think was the last prize I had my eye on?

Sure enough, I was the youngest person on earth to own a his/hers pair of longine/wittnauer gold watches.

They call my name, and tell me to come to the front to pick up the watches. I'm in shock cause my heros are right there, cracking jokes, "the girls are gonna love you kid" and I accept the prize to a monstrous flashbulb.

Funny thing is, i forgot to fill out the ballot form for the door prizes and a buddy brought me one to fill out just as it was about to start.

I gave the watches to my dad.

kipin
05-31-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen it before but I just added it to the top of my Netlfix queue. Hope its good.

Soul Daddy
05-31-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A resounding yes! Brilliant show.

Stellastarr
05-31-2005, 03:32 AM
damn grats on the win. Nice choice btw.

rusty JEDI
05-31-2005, 04:42 AM
You will not be disappointed with Band of Brothers.

rJ

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-31-2005, 06:27 AM
You won't be disappointed, but be sure to give it a chance. When I first watched it, I didn't think it was great when it's actually Brilliant!

-Craig

NoTalent
05-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Congrats!

But why in the world would anyone lay out a list like that? Why not just do:
A) The Sopranos (Season 1)
B) The Sopranos (Season 2)
C) The Sopranos (Season 3)
and so on...

beerbandit
05-31-2005, 11:17 AM
im bad luck

my brother won some meijer drawing (that our mom entered us both in) and got to do a little training camp at joe louis and watch the red wings after

and he just got back from a weekend at bristol (i think), wherever the nascar race was - that he won on the radio -- all room/board paid and vip [censored]

i guess i did win a 50/50 at a bachelor party once, but i lost it all back playing craps

cheers

Sponger15SB
05-31-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm about 3-40 in the Dr. Pepper "win one under the cap" game. Odds are 6:1. I have lost all 3 bottle caps.

I hate myself.

HopeydaFish
05-31-2005, 11:43 PM
My girlfriend won a $1000 gift certificate from Mastercard last year. They were running a promotion where if you used your Mastercard at a certain chain of stores, you were entered in a draw to win a $1000 gift certificate for that chain. We used the $1000 to buy ourselves a snowblower. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

YourFoxyGrandma
05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We used the $1000 to buy ourselves a snowblower.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exciting.

mason55
06-01-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend won a $1000 gift certificate from Mastercard last year. They were running a promotion where if you used your Mastercard at a certain chain of stores, you were entered in a draw to win a $1000 gift certificate for that chain. We used the $1000 to buy ourselves a snowblower. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

$1000 dollar snowblower? Is there some sexual joke I'm not getting here? Is "snowblower" the new way to say you stuck it in her pooper?

HopeydaFish
06-01-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We used the $1000 to buy ourselves a snowblower.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get 6 months of winter here. Trust me, getting a snowblower was pretty frickin exciting for me.

HopeydaFish
06-01-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$1000 dollar snowblower? Is there some sexual joke I'm not getting here? Is "snowblower" the new way to say you stuck it in her pooper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and she charged me 1000 bucks for the privilege.

It was totally worth it.

rlpsjstyle
06-01-2005, 11:09 AM
I once won a trip to SummerSlam in 2001- airfare, hotel, spending cash, second row tickets through a website that eventually became Uproar.com.

Of course, I couldn't end up going due to college committments, so I sold the package on eBay for around $400 IIRC.

Then, the purchaser backed out after the auction was closed and eBay charged me the price for selling as well as listing my item. I sent eBay all the documentation I had on the purchaser, but they were not sympathetic, which came as no surprise. Haven't been back to eBay since.

Not really a good story, but at the original time I was pretty excited to win the trip.

Freakin
06-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I won a security system from a fair. I dropped my name in a box when I was in highschool.

They called like 6 weeks later
"Hi, is this Freakin? You dropped your name in a box 6 weeks ago at the fair, well you've won the grand prize of a security system! It included sensors for 2 entries, 14 windows, and 2 access panels!"
Me: "Um, is it transferrable? We just got one of those"
Them: "No, it's not transferrable"
Me: "Give it to the runner-up"

I wasted my one big win on something I couldn't use.... Why couldn't it have been a lifetime supply of poker skills or something?

Freakin

ArchAngel71857
06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won a security system from a fair. I dropped my name in a box when I was in highschool.

They called like 6 weeks later
"Hi, is this Freakin? You dropped your name in a box 6 weeks ago at the fair, well you've won the grand prize of a security system! It included sensors for 2 entries, 14 windows, and 2 access panels!"
Me: "Um, is it transferrable? We just got one of those"
Them: "No, it's not transferrable"
Me: "Give it to the runner-up"

I wasted my one big win on something I couldn't use.... Why couldn't it have been a lifetime supply of poker skills or something?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the gift that keeps on giving . . .

That it is, Edward.

-AA