PDA

View Full Version : What was my tell (and general play critique)?

slupo
05-31-2005, 12:10 AM
2-5 NL HE game. I pick up 5's on the button and raise to 25. One person calls. He has an enormous stack (1300?) and I have about 180.

Flop comes:
10-5-2 rainbow

The other player leads out for 30. I call.

Turn is another 2. I fill up.

He leads out again, this time for 60. I push the rest of my money in (125).

My thought was I was hoping he thought I was trying to steal the pot. I suppose I should have just called by I felt if I did that, he would check the river and I'd bet and he'd fold. Anyway, after I push I settle down into "statue mode". I'm sitting in my chair with my hands clasped in my lap. I stare at the pot and try to remain motionless.

He keeps staring me down for quite some time. Finally I turn my eyes up at him for a few seconds then look back down. It was at this point he folded.

I'm just wondering if that was a tell? Should I have been trying to act strong so he thought I was weak? Any suggestions?

PokerFink
05-31-2005, 02:57 AM
I don't think you gave away any sort of tell. Glancing up at a player doesn't mean anything. It's quite possible that villian had absolutely nothing and was just saving face by taking a moment before folding.

imported_anacardo
05-31-2005, 03:05 AM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif that ass.

I also concur - but I'm not terribly well educated in live tells. Maybe you should have swallowed hard & tried to look a little nervous. Your opponent's perfectly capable of reasoning this through & mucking his AT without seeing into your soul.

PokerFink
05-31-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mucking his AT without seeing into your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way villian has AT in this spot. He is getting 295-65 (4.5-1) on his call. No one is going to muck AT getting 4.5-1.

imported_anacardo
05-31-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mucking his AT without seeing into your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way villian has AT in this spot. He is getting 295-65 (4.5-1) on his call. No one is going to muck AT getting 4.5-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I stand corrected. Eights.

Bukem_
05-31-2005, 05:00 AM
If you don't know what tell you would be giving off, then continue in 100% rock mode until he makes his decision.