PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 Noob Question

PhatMango
05-31-2005, 12:04 AM
I have a question about this hand, that occurred in a game of $25PL O/8 on Party. What should Hero do on the turn?

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Turn: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero's hand:

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

The pot is being contested four ways (including by hero), there is $5.65 in the pot.

On the turn the betting has gone check, check, to hero (one player still to act). The table is fairly loose.

I think Hero should certainly bet, even though he doesn't "have" anything yet - at least enough to guarantee that he has the option to put the rest of his money in ($17) if a scoopworthy card rivers - not to mention lots of ways to win half the pot. My friend thinks that this is a mistake and Hero should check and only bet if something favourable hits on the river.

gergery
05-31-2005, 02:25 AM
your friend is what we call weak tight, and gives you horrible advice

GeoffM
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't play PL, but by all accounts I am throwing the entire pot out here. You have so many outs it isn't even funny. Flush draw, gutshot hitting another 6, nut low draw, bet the pot!

GimmeDaWatch
06-01-2005, 08:04 AM
I hardly know the 1st thing about PLO 8 and even I know that your hand is goooooooooot. If they're loose so what, 3 callers is good with all your scooping outs.

Rduke55
06-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Soooo many outs. Hearts, 3, 6, 9 for the str8 (granted only one is the nuts), and nut low draw. Make them pay.

TylerD
06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
bet the pot and win it now or build the pot for the river when you hit.

JoshuaMayes
06-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I would jam away with that hand. You have eighteen cards that will improve your hand to a straight or better, nine of which will also make you a nut-low. You have five more cards that will make you a nut-low + a pair. Not all of your outs are nut outs, but this is still a huge draw. There are so many good things that can happen if you bet -- everyone could fold, and you win a nice little pot; you can catch a scoop or 3/4 card on the river and get action; you could take the pot on the river with a bluff set up by this turn bet; you can get raised as a probable PE favorite, etc. -- that betting clearly is the best play IMO.