PDA

View Full Version : I can't play JJ...

erc007
05-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
MP3 is 57/11/2...
Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.
Should I have either dumped or raised again here? I was leaning towards folding...

River: (7.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

thesharpie
05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
My line is to call down all the way, unless some scary overcards come.

The way you played it fold the turn. Was you planning on calling the river if the A didn't fall?

aK13
05-31-2005, 12:00 AM
I probably wouldn't raise that flop. I'd be folding that turn.

istewart
05-31-2005, 12:01 AM
I would call down unless, as sharpie said, aces/queens fell. A queen wouldn't make me fold as easily, but the way you played it I think it's an easy turn fold.

erc007
05-31-2005, 12:14 AM
On the river i was going to call down until the Ace hit. It didn't help matters that it was the 3rd club as well...I figured i can't beat aces/kings or a flush...

Schwartzy61
05-31-2005, 02:42 AM
I would fold the turn here. He bet with one overcard to your pair and then called. He bet again with two overcards to your pair, I just don't like my chances in that situation. Not to be looking for monsters under the bed but KQ looks like a very likely hand here...

therockofgibraltar
05-31-2005, 02:55 AM
After you raise the flop and he still bets after q fells, I am folding this.

irishpint
05-31-2005, 02:57 AM
good flop raise, however i dump this when he leads into me on the turn again. if he checked the turn id bet and then check behind the river.

Kumubou
05-31-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good flop raise, however i dump this when he leads into me on the turn again. if he checked the turn id bet and then check behind the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if both the turn and river are bricks? MP2 very well could be betting a worse pair, seeing Hero's raise on the flop as a free card play on a flush draw with overcards that probably missed.

I do not think the turn fold is 'easy,' but if it's wrong it's close. That board is really scary.

-K

BruinEric
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
I probably wouldn't have raised the flop, but since you did, I think his turn bet means a lot.

Now, maybe his aggression is really high (I played against somebody with a 9 aggression on flop and 5+ on turn the other day) and you didn't post that info.

So I take his turn bet to mean that he actually has a hand as opposed to an underpair (a frequent LAG raising hand) or a flush draw.

I dump this on the turn in your hand.

Jakesta
05-31-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if both the turn and river are bricks? MP2 very well could be betting a worse pair, seeing Hero's raise on the flop as a free card play on a flush draw with overcards that probably missed.

I do not think the turn fold is 'easy,' but if it's wrong it's close. That board is really scary.

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to think of a hand that a typical steal raiser would raise with that Hero beats on the turn. He saw Hero 3bet, and he has to figure that Hero has a decent hand, AK or an overpair, and he doesn't seem afraid of it. Granted he looks like a loose-aggressive, but what hand would he raise with besides AJ/AT can Hero beat right now? TT, but that's unlikely also. I think the most likely hand that Hero is up against here is KW. I can't see his Jacks being best here.