PDA

View Full Version : preflop KQs vs. KQo

JoeyT
12-19-2002, 11:16 PM
HEPFAP says basically that in EP, you should throw in a preflop raise w/ KQs, AQs, but not with AQo and KQo. This concept has me a bit confused. Can someone give a good explanation as to why? It seems like you'd want more people in the pot for the suited hands, or at worst the same amount. It seems to me that KQs would play better against a large field than KQo would, and same goes for AQs and AQo. I'm just beginning to get away from the idea of looking at hands as "groups" as S&M introduce, and rather as to what plays better in which situations. Is the raise hoping to get callers in these suited situations to get more money in the pot, or am I looking at this completely wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Bob T.
12-20-2002, 05:19 AM
Good Question JoeyT,

It also seems to me that a limp would be a better play with the suited hands than with the off suit hands. Although, I think that it is unlikely that I would open limp with any of these hands. I think that winning the blinds with any of these hands wouldn't be a bad result, and depending on the reaction to your open raise, the rest of the hand might play easier if you had started the hand with a raise.

Good Luck,
Play Well,

Bob T.