PDA

View Full Version : 2-5 NLH -- live game at the MGM

Rococo
05-30-2005, 08:22 PM
SB -- $800
MP -- $779
Hero -- $510

SB is a solid, conservative regular.
MP is VERY loose passive preflop (probably plays 80% of the hands) and something of a calling station postflop. He will put in a raise if he feels that he is ahead, but I would not describe him as aggressive.

4 limpers (including MP) to me. I limp on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB completes and BB checks. Flop comes 888. SB opens for $20. MP Villain is the only caller. What is my plan from here?

BluffTHIS!
05-30-2005, 08:37 PM
The great majority of the time you are never going to win any money with flopped board quads since smooth calls screams slowplay. Play it fast by raising to like 100 and try to build a big pot against someone who might have limped with AA/KK and put you on a steal. If they fold, that's all you were probably going to win anyway unless they spiked an A or K for a full.

jumister5889
05-30-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The great majority of the time you are never going to win any money with flopped board quads since smooth calls screams slowplay. Play it fast by raising to like 100 and try to build a big pot against someone who might have limped with AA/KK and put you on a steal. If they fold, that's all you were probably going to win anyway unless they spiked an A or K for a full.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idk if i would raise, but i might try and make it look like a bluff and check , but instead of smoothcalling, reraise. Thats the best way i guess. With that many people in the pot, someone's gotta think they have the best hand with a pp or Ace high.

creedofhubris
05-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Raise the flop, check the turn, bomb the river.

stu-unger
05-30-2005, 10:49 PM
u guys have the right idea in a normal game against good opponents but in my experience (about 2000-3000 hands) in this game. u can most likely smoothe call the flop and the turn then value bet the river and get paid off by some moe with top boat on the board, that is unless this game all of the sudden became tougher than it was in its first few weeks.

ripwalk
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
With position in this hand, I don't see any reason to not smooth call and hope one of them either has the boat and will bet more on the turn and river, or one of them will catch a boat on the turn and river.

I think the best play is to simply call the flop bet.

Perhaps min raise or make a large raise on the turn if you feel someone has made their boat, then hopefully be able to get all your money in on the river and get called.