PDA

View Full Version : A Must Read

John Cole
12-19-2002, 06:09 PM
First, this is not a "John Cole" book; that is, just because I'm recommending it, you shouldn't shy away.

That said, run out, especially if you're a racing fan, and grab Laura Hillenbrand's Seabiscuit: An American Legend. It's compelling reading, and the author has done a great job of storytelling here. Seabiscuit's story is a decidedly American story, beginning with the vanishing of the "West," continuing into the Depression, and ending in a race that captivated a nation.

John

imported_Chuck Weinstock
12-20-2002, 10:34 AM
I will second this recommendation wholeheartedly. I found this book to be a page-turner. (I was skeptical that a book about a horse could capture my attention at all.)

I was in Pasadena earlier this week and noticed an ad in the local "alternative" newspaper which invited people to participate in the filming of race scenes for the movie about Seabiscuit that is currently in production. (They need to fill the stands at Hollywood Park I think.)

Chuck

Phat Mack
12-20-2002, 04:50 PM
I third the recommendation. I grabbed this off a library shelf while
I was waiting to check out. I read a few sentences and couldn't put it down. And I'm no horse junky, it's a great read.