PDA

View Full Version : So I wondered into a stud high game by accident (hand content)

bigredlemon
05-30-2005, 07:15 PM
I was of course aggressively playing my 4lows on fourth. The table was so loose aggressive that other players were apparently representing a better low and got me to fold by fifth, but it also made me more confused that no one won low in ten hands. Anyways if anyone was paying attention to table image, I no doubt had manic pasted across my forehand. Now, onto the hand.

If you're wondering why I limped in with that hand, it's because I still thought it was high low. This was the hand that also made me realize it wasn't stu8 when I didn't win the low half.

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (4.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (10.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___double bets

5th Street - (11.00 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls

6th Street - (18.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

River - (21.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (24.00 BB)

Can I raise 6th? Raise 7th? Or should I have folded 6th?

djr
05-30-2005, 09:44 PM
why not raise 6th? you have a made straight, a draw to a flush, and a gut shot to a sf. THat's a premium hand my friend.

Seat 6 didn't like his hand enough on 5th to reraise you. His queens are dead. He's most likely betting two pair. Given the only ace seen in the whole hand is the one you hit on the river, he likely had aces in the hole. Of course he could have jacks for jacks full on sixth, but that's being a little paranoid.

Seat two has what, a flush draw? Even if he does he hasn't hit it by 6th, make him pay to draw!

I'm no expert, but I say raise 6th, raise 7th. Definately don't fold, the pot is big enough that you can't be that certain you're beat to fold this hand.

beta1607
05-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Raise 6th and then bet 7th call if raised. Since you didn't raise 6th then raise 7th. Seat 6 cant have 3 queens and so I think a hand like aces up is more likely then jacks full or a similar hand.

BeerMoney
05-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Wandered.

I raise 6th.. Don't sweat it though.

Andy B
05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
I definitely raise sixth, and might raise the river as well. The double-bet on fourth is also a pretty good clue that this is high-only. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Either way, you played it fine.

mscags
05-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Unless you are playing at pacific, they allow double bets in 8/B (Don't ask me why)

somapopper
06-01-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I raise 6th? Raise 7th? Or should I have folded 6th?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold 6?? Good God man, what on earth leads you to believe you can fold 6th? That's it, you officially owe me all your st8 flush draws now. Clearly, you didn't appreciate how pretty that hand was.