PDA

View Full Version : expedia commercial

Little Fishy
05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
They have this commercial on TV in wich this guy is playing poker at some high stakes table and he looks down and has a sick hand and then his wife walks up with an empty roll of toilet paper... If you've seen it then you know what I'm talking about.

so anyway I don't know why, but it gets me really mad that the commercial is for expedia.com and not for an online poker site...
I don't know why I care, because it doesn't effect me at all, but it kinda pisses me off, does anyone else get this??

TStoneMBD
05-30-2005, 06:51 PM
it pisses me off that the guy is playing draw poker, but i think the commericial is perfectly fine otherwise. this commericial has been advertised during poker specials, which i assume is why they developed this marketing concept to begin with.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-30-2005, 06:52 PM
It does have the feel of an online poker site ad and that is what I half-way expected it to be as I was watching it the first time.

Brainwalter
05-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Several of their other ads involve people daydreaming about their vacation while they plan it on expedia.

In a word, no.

tbach24
05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun? With the end line like "You'll be back." They have one where this guy is about to eat a steak, then it turns into a frozen one and you see he's at the supermarket. And then another where a woman is watching the roulette wheel, but then it becomes the dryer and then you see her in her laundry room. I don't even watch TV and yet I can recall these, damn marketing techniques are working.

Edit- no you're right it is expedia.

TStoneMBD
05-30-2005, 06:56 PM
no these arent them