PDA

View Full Version : The Go! Team

sfer
05-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Weeks ago bdk3clash told me to get this CD. OMG it is good stuff.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Best song EVAR!

jason_t
05-30-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I bought it because of this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2234222&Fo rum=f20&Words=-Re%3A&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2234222&Search=tr ue&where=bodysub&Name=3376&daterange=1&newerval=20 &newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post22 34222).

GuyOnTilt
05-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Thunder Lighting Strike was my second favorite album of 2004. Awesome, awesome stuff.

GoT

jason_t
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thunder Lighting Strike was my second favorite album of 2004. Awesome, awesome stuff.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

CallMeIshmael
05-30-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

[/ QUOTE ]

With absolutely no knowledge of his taste, I will guess:

Arcade Fire - Funeral

(which I still have to send you)

istewart
05-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Wow, jason, you don't have Funeral?

And Ishmael, send me HC and MP you bastard.

shant
05-30-2005, 09:11 PM
Because of you guys I'm downloading this album and 3 albums by The Decemberists.

And yes if I like them I'll go buy their CD's from the Amoeba used section, so chill.

CallMeIshmael
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, jason, you don't have Funeral?

And Ishmael, send me HC and MP you bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heathen Chem, and the Masterplan???

istewart
05-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Yes.

CallMeIshmael
05-30-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be on at like 10:45

mike l.
05-30-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah theyre great im seeing them in LA in july not sure what to expect.

IndieMatty
05-30-2005, 09:49 PM
<nods>

private joker
05-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I sent Evan 2 songs by The Go! Team back in December or something and he didn't like them. Said the music was "weird."

shant
05-30-2005, 10:10 PM
This is good [censored]. What other bands are like this that I should listen to other than Bloc Party?

Unicorns
05-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Hmm...I just hit the reply button and noticed i wasn't on stillepost /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Can I still complain about the go! team not touring near me?

Anyway, this is some pretty good stuff, i got that and LCD soundsystem as the poker playing soundtrack for a while

Jack of Arcades
05-30-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arcade Fire - Funeral

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct.

BTW, the best song is the Power Is On.

Eurotrash
05-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I also downloaded a few of their songs a while back per recommendation from OOT. it's catchy, but I can't understand why most of their lyrics are unintelligible.

CallMeIshmael
05-30-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arcade Fire - Funeral

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct.

BTW, the best song is the Power Is On.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying my guess of Arcarde Fire is correct?

(Im sure you can see how I might be confused)

jacki
05-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks, just downloaded this. Good stuff. More recommendations please.

mason55
05-31-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloc Party, The Rapture, LCD Soundsystem, Out Hud, !!!, Fischerspooner, VHS or Beta

jacki
05-31-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloc Party, The Rapture, LCD Soundsystem, Out Hud, !!!, Fischerspooner, VHS or Beta

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of any of these bands.

I used to be hip.

One wife and 3 kids later, I'm no longer hip.

istewart
05-31-2005, 12:27 AM
CMI, sign on.

gorie
05-31-2005, 12:39 AM
hmm i checked it out. i like it.

as far as albums from 2004 that are good,..
reigning sound "too much guitar" & the ponys "laced with romance" are probably at the top of my list... that i can think of.

IndieMatty
05-31-2005, 12:41 AM
On a more rock tip. Please check out Ambulance LTD and Autolux. Good stuff.

bdk3clash
05-31-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is good [censored]. What other bands are like this that I should listen to other than Bloc Party?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Avalanches' "Since I Left You" kind of arrives at a similiar sound as Go-Team but comes at it from more of a cut and paste hip-hop (and non lo-fi) starting point.

For what it's worth, "Since I Left You" came in at #5 on Pitchfork's Top 100 Albums of the Decade (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/top/2000-04/) (so far). It definitely makes my top ten of the decade thus far as well, and I would definitely suggest that other people check it out.

sfer
05-31-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because of you guys I'm downloading this album and 3 albums by The Decemberists.

And yes if I like them I'll go buy their CD's from the Amoeba used section, so chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw The Decemberists on Thursday and they were a lot of fun...again. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Amoeba.

gvibes
05-31-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I used to be hip.

One wife and 3 kids later, I'm no longer hip.

[/ QUOTE ]

'I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.'
-Grandpa

I'll have to check out the Go! Team.

As an unrelated note, I really don't get the love for the Decemberists. Maybe the guy's voice just annoys me. The only tracks I really like (that I can think of) are Here I dreamt I was an architect and billy liar.

istewart
05-31-2005, 01:17 AM
The Bagman's Gambit is sweet.

TY CMI.

nolanfan34
05-31-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be hip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, so I'm not the only one.

At the risk of intense flame-i-tude, what type of genre is this stuff? Indie-rock stuff?

Jack of Arcades
05-31-2005, 01:45 AM
Yes, your guess is right.

Evan
05-31-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arcade Fire - Funeral

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I almost hate to say it because it's pretty much EVERYBODY'S choice for best album of the year, but it's gotta be The Arcade Fire.

GoT

Jack of Arcades
05-31-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arcade Fire - Funeral

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I almost hate to say it because it's pretty much EVERYBODY'S choice for best album of the year, but it's gotta be The Arcade Fire.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaha. WTF.

DavidC
05-31-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's it like? What type of music?

jason_t
05-31-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw The Decemberists on Thursday and they were a lot of fun...again. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Amoeba.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Decemberists are awesome. As for Amoeba, I'm sure you are referring to the SF one, but the LA one is the best music store that I have ever been to.

jason_t
05-31-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

#1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arcade Fire - Funeral

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, hurry up.

shant
05-31-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Avalanches' "Since I Left You" kind of arrives at a similiar sound as Go-Team but comes at it from more of a cut and paste hip-hop (and non lo-fi) starting point.

For what it's worth, "Since I Left You" came in at #5 on Pitchfork's Top 100 Albums of the Decade (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/top/2000-04/) (so far). It definitely makes my top ten of the decade thus far as well, and I would definitely suggest that other people check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds really good. Getting it now.

Unicorns
05-31-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Decemberists are awesome. As for Amoeba, I'm sure you are referring to the SF one, but the LA one is the best music store that I have ever been to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the Decemberists when they came here couple weeks ago. For some reason, they were booked the same night as the M.I.A./LCD Soundsystem show /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Unicorns
05-31-2005, 09:12 AM
hmm just saw this in case some people care....guess it was just a matter of time

The Arcade Fire Ink Publishing Deal With EMI

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-05/31.shtml

IndieMatty
05-31-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be hip.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of intense flame-i-tude, what type of genre is this stuff? Indie-rock stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

More like indie-shake your groove thing.

contentless
05-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Speaking of Pitchfork...

The fact that they didn't publish content for Memorial Day irked me a little. I mean, you don't see newspapers stop their presses. All the articles are written ahead of time, so just publish them! It's not like we're spared their ads either...

Lazy bastards.

Emmitt2222
05-31-2005, 09:44 AM
delicious

gorie
06-01-2005, 07:03 PM
does gwen stefani like the go! team?

Brain
06-01-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be hip.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I'm 25 and have no idea about most of the music suggestions flying around and through this forum.

gorie
06-03-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, I'm 25 and have no idea about most of the music suggestions flying around and through this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]me too. i'm in my own world musically.

but i am glad you guys kept posting about this album, because i'm really diggin' it.

brassnuts
06-03-2005, 05:02 PM
My response after first few songs: "Meh. Interesting style, but whats the big deal?"

After a few more songs: "I can dig it."

After the entire album: "OMG it is good stuff."

I think Junior Kickstart is my tentative favorite ATM.