PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing guild wars?

Eihli
05-30-2005, 05:59 PM
nt

Mr biggums
05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Yah, been playing for a little while now. The PvP is the best part as PvE can get borin with the very long missions.

Eihli
05-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I was about to quit because I couldn't figure out what was so fun about it. I heard the pvp was good but I got through ascension without ever pvping. Went to tomb of kings last night though with the whole group on ventrilo. We didn't win, but we fought one other group for 20 minutes. The first 15 minutes our healers were casting Heal Area and not realizing it healed the enemy team, and we left our ghostly hero back at the start so it was a 8v9. By the time we fixed those 2 problems, half our team had over 30% res illness and it was just a matter of time before they wore us down. I was hoping there were enough 2+2er's that we could start a guild and form a steady pvp group.

siccjay
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
How is the PvP?

Is it mainly level based or can human skill actually help you in battles? How much strategy?

Do you have to level at all before you PvP?

I thought about tryin it out but no online game will ever compare to UO PvP.

hutz
06-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm playing. I really enjoy it. This is my first MMORPG experience and I can see how people could get addicted. My friend and I are likely going to start a guild, though we're mostly playing PvE. I would like to play some PvP sometime, but want to go through the whole game in PvE format first. Send me a PM if you want to talk about joining our guild or teaming to play a quest/mission sometime (this goes for anyone, not just Eihli).

Mr biggums
06-05-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is the PvP?

Is it mainly level based or can human skill actually help you in battles? How much strategy?

Do you have to level at all before you PvP?

I thought about tryin it out but no online game will ever compare to UO PvP.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is basically all skill and strategy. Using PvP character you don't even need to level up your characters to level 20.

YourFoxyGrandma
06-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Hells yeah. Just bought it a few days ago. Destroying my life.

Lawrence Ng
06-06-2005, 12:10 AM
I have a lvl 11 Elementalist/Monk for PvE. She is HaWt.

My PvP toons all range, but PvP is fun and very quick to get into which is nice. I also don't have to worry about hunting down uber/l33t gear which is nice.

Lawrence

Eihli
06-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Man, I've been kicking ass in pvp lately. Been running 5 air el's, 2 healing monks, 1 prot monk, all on vent/ts timing our orb shots with a countdown. We rape. I've learned that you don't have to kill their entire team as fast as possible. You win by giving them more DP than they give you. So we just run in, get a bolt off, kill one of their guys in under 3 seconds, then run back before they do any damage to us. As for not having a warrior, our el's bring armor of earth and all the wards. We are invincible.