PDA

View Full Version : Who has an audiovox cellphone....

cnfuzzd
05-30-2005, 05:56 PM
and knows about classical music?

I am trying to beef up my classical music selections, and am at a loss. My last cell phone was an audiovox 9100, and one of the tones included was a truly stirring piece of classical music that i cant for the life of me place. If anyone has this phone and recognizes it, i would be willing to trade my first born child for it. In fact, you can have all the cnfuzzd-spawn i might produce. Good luck with that.

Anyway, the only thing i can remember is a friend at one point saying that the symphony that this was drawn from inspired part of the jaws theme, or something such. I know its a long shot, but i am at wits end. Thanks.

peace

john nickle

Myrtle
05-30-2005, 06:00 PM
....good brain teaser........

got any more clues?

TimM
05-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Record a wav file and post it?

cnfuzzd
05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
AHA!!!. I found the charger for my old phone. Now i can play it....

Perhaps a brief attempt to recreate the song

hum... thats not going to work out. It does sound very legend of zelda-ish though.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
05-30-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Record a wav file and post it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No mic. Dammit all anyways.

peace

john nickle

wacki
05-30-2005, 06:28 PM
what does the phone have as it's title?

Stuey
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 in E minor (http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/8109/sym9.html)

The 4th movement a shot in the dark but ?

The introduction to the fourth movement (allegro cob fuoco) reminds one of the theme from the movie Jaws.

wacki
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Also, why don't you e-mail audiovox?

cnfuzzd
05-30-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what does the phone have as it's title?

[/ QUOTE ]

ringtone number 8

i would email them, but thats too easy...

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 in E minor (http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/8109/sym9.html)

The introduction to the fourth movement (allegro cob fuoco) reminds one of the theme from the movie Jaws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly it. In fact, i had remembered the name in one of those random flashes of insight that years of drug abuse have left me with. I am downloading the symphony as we speak. Good call however. Also doesnt it seem like everything john williams has done is a rip off of this guy?

peace

john nickle

jason_t
05-30-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and knows about classical music?

Anyway, the only thing i can remember is a friend at one point saying that the symphony that this was drawn from inspired part of the jaws theme, or something such. I know its a long shot, but i am at wits end. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fourth movement of Dvorak's 9th and it's not close.

Edit: I see someone else already realized this.

Myrtle
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO!!!!!!

That's just how the 4th movement starts....

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonBroil
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
I had that phone for 3 years while working for SprintPCS. Great phone. One day I came into work and a co-worker had a suspected bad charger from a customer with the same phone. He plugged my phone into it to make sure it wasn't the port on their phone and the charger fried my phone.

I upgraded to the Audiovox 9950 (VM4050) and have had that oone for over a year now. It was the first phone with the high definition 18-bit screen and even a year later is still better than most of the phones we sell.

manpower
05-31-2005, 02:33 AM
I've got a 9100, but my #8 ringtone is "camptown races"