View Full Version : Throw away rockets here?

BWillie
05-30-2005, 05:49 PM
$2/$5 Spread Limit Hold 'Em Live 10 handed
MP1 plays alot of hands, and never raises pre-flop, mostly calls, but bluffs occasionally. No real read on UTG +1. My table image is that I'm a preflop raiser, since NOBODY at this table ever pre-flop raises even with ACES and KINGS.

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif in CO.

SB posts $1. BB posts $2. UTG calls. UTG+1 folds. UTG+2 calls. MP1 calls. MP2 calls. MP3 calls. Hero raises $5 to 7$. Button folds. SB calls. BB calls. UTG folds. UTG+1 folds. UTG +2 calls. MP1 calls. MP2 folds. MP3 folds.
($41 total)

FLOP: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5 handed)
SB & BB check. UTG+2 bets $5. MP1 raises to $10. Hero..

JoshuaD
05-30-2005, 07:41 PM
It depends on your read of MP1. I know I'll play any Q the way he did here, so if he's pretty aggressive postflop a 3-bet is pretty nice.

If he's passive you can probably fold.

... I don't play spread limit though.

BWillie
05-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I layed it down, because he was a pretty passive player most of the time, but you never would know with this guy with the crap he plays. I was pretty angry with myself when I saw his Queens though since there was quite some heavy action throughout the turn as well which was unlike the tables usual play.

Anybody know of a forum where spread limit is discussed!?! It doesn't seem like anybody in this forum plays spread limit games because they really aren't on the internet. I want to play 3/6 live more, but I can't find any around my area..and btw, I started tipping the dealers more, and I got rivered 5 times for a total of about 250 dollars /images/graemlins/frown.gif Opposite bad karma? I dunno..