PDA

View Full Version : Question about "proper" 6-max 0.50/1 PT stats

cognito20
05-30-2005, 05:40 PM
As a relatively new online poker player and user of Poker Tracker, I was wondering what the difference is between the "optimum" VPIP, Preflop Raise and Postflop Aggression ratings in a full ring game of 9 or 10 players and those in a 6-max game.

I would assume (correct me if I'm wrong), that one should play more hands preflop in the 6-max, but not a heck of a lot more than one should in a full ring (unless the game goes 3-handed for a while or something), so that the proper VPIP would be, say, somewhere in the 20s for the 6-max where it should be in the high teens for the full games; and furthermore, that one should almost always be raising if first in the pot. It also makes sense that, once in the hand with decent cards (or a very good read on an opponent's tendencies), one should be even more aggressive than in a full ring game, and push more marginal hands farther than in the larger game.

I understand that a VPIP of say, 13-18, PR of 7-10 and AGG > 2 is good solid play in a full ring. In general (and I know a lot of the play depends on the reads of your opponents, even more so short-handed than in a full game), what are those numbers for a 6-max game, what level of VPIP would be considered loose or tight, and what level of aggression would be considered passive or aggressive?

My current stats (and yes, I know the sample size is not quite where it needs to be...probably at about half what it needs to be, but it's all I have to go on at the moment)...

PokerStars 0.50/1:

Full ring (2,528 hands): VPIP 17.41, PR 8.23, POSTFLOP AGG 2.85

6-max tables (7,324 hands): VPIP 23.06, PR 15.70, POSTFLOP AGG 3.51 (winrate so far is +7.17 BB/100, which I have this sneaky suspicion is unsustainable, although I have about 5 fish I hunt down regularly whom I almost know what they're going to before they do. Maybe that's part of it. :-P lol)

Thanks in advance for your help and input, everyone.

--Cheers, Scott

btspider
05-30-2005, 05:46 PM
roughly 6-maxers are in the 23/17/2.5 ish area. i emphasize roughly. just read HUSH (heads-up shorthanded forum) to fine tune from there.

personally my aggression is over 3.0 i believe. depends on the passivity of the game you play. against more aggressive players, you frequently call.