PDA

View Full Version : Queens

istewart
05-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Both the raiser/3-bettor are around 2+2-esque preflop stats, but not incredibly solid postflop. They're each like 24/11.

Anybody else like a call here to see what they do? What's your plan for (if capped):

A) A flop with an ace or king?
B) Flopping an overpair?

What about your plan for each if it's not capped?

Thanks for the help.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls...

SoftcoreRevolt
05-30-2005, 04:29 PM
I like capping instead of calling, their higher PFR stats means we are ahead of alot more here. I'm leading into a king, probably an ace too, and at least capping an overpair.

toss
05-30-2005, 04:30 PM
With QQ I'm capping here. I'm thinking we're passing up too much EV but not capping PF to see if UTG will cap himself. I'd probably cold call with JJ. I'm leading out on a flop with an A or K and folding either the turn UI to a raise or the flop.

UncleSalty
05-30-2005, 04:33 PM
How do you think your stats look to them? If they realize you are a solid player, I think just calling has some deception value here.

Otherwise, might as well make a standard value cap PF.

If you just call:
a) I would check and call one bet back to me, check/folding the turn UI
b) I would lead the flop, 3-bet if it comes back raised, just call down if it comes back 2 cold.

If you cap:
I am leading the flop regardless of what it looks like, folding an A/K board if it comes back 2 to me, calling down just one raise. The turn should play itself based on villains' flop actions.

istewart
05-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Really leading an ace flop? If you put the 3-bettor's range at AQs+, TT+, our hand doesn't seem too great on an Axx flop.

But, this is another reason I think calling has merits, as if UTG caps we'll know where we're at more on an ace flop.

toss
05-30-2005, 04:45 PM
You can also check/fold, but that seems weak. Capping is superior to calling since AK is more likely than KK and AA combined. AQs, JJ, TT, and other donkish hands are also there.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-30-2005, 04:47 PM
You need to increase that range a tiny bit due to their increased looseness over the usual TAG, I'm guessing their 3 betting standards are a bit expanded due to their poor play otherwise.

Bodhi
05-30-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else like a call here to see what they do? What's your plan for (if capped):

A) A flop with an ace or king?
B) Flopping an overpair?

What about your plan for each if it's not capped?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't like the call. Cap it. QQ wins way too much money for me not to cap it.

If I call weakly and it's capped and an A or K falls, then I will fold if necessary, e.g. I bet and it gets raised and reraised. If I flop an overpair then I go nuts on the flop, but slow down on the turn if the flop is capped.

Same plan if I call weakly and it's not capped.

Bodhi
05-30-2005, 04:59 PM
AQs, JJ and TT are not donkish hands. What planet are you from anyway?

istewart
05-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay, the argument for capping sounds good enough.

But, if I were to just call, and UTG capped, there's no way I would lead an A/K flop. It would be close to certain I am behind. I could probably peel depending on what the board was (getting around ~13:1), but I'm likely done with it.