PDA

View Full Version : the 4400 on USA Network

Jurollo
05-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Anyone see any of this during its' first season? Looks like it could be an interesting premise but I never saw it during season 1.
~Justin

brassnuts
05-30-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see any of this during its' first season? Looks like it could be an interesting premise but I never saw it during season 1.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I made it through about half of the pilot episode.

ozyman
05-30-2005, 04:44 PM
I watched all of season 1 last year. Definetly a very cool premise that suffered from uneven and mediocre execution. A handful of episodes were good and some were just terrible. I probably won't watch this second season unless im really desperate.

shant
05-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Watch reruns of LOST instead.

IggyWH
06-05-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me chime in here instead of making a new thread...

It seems as though I am in the few but I thought that season 1 kicked ass. I really didn't expect a season 2 but was quite happy when I saw a promo for it about a month ago.

Season 2 starts tonight at 9PM EST.

If you're interested in the first season (or want to give it a shot), they are replaying the full season including the pilot starting today at 1PM EST.

I wouldn't base the series on the pilot though as it really just sets up the story and really doesn't have any character developement.

daveymck
06-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Started of quite good but petered out as the series went on could have been a lot better imho and the ending sucked.

asofel
06-06-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Started of quite good but petered out as the series went on could have been a lot better imho and the ending sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any opinions on the premier of the second season? No spoilers please, but thoughts? I saw most of the episodes from season 1 yesterday and enjoyed it, although it was weak at times.

daveymck
06-06-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any opinions on the premier of the second season? No spoilers please, but thoughts? I saw most of the episodes from season 1 yesterday and enjoyed it, although it was weak at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think we get it till later in the year.

asofel
06-06-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

? It was on last night at 9pm...yes?

daveymck
06-06-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the UK? Hadnt seen it advertised if it was.

asofel
06-06-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the UK? Hadnt seen it advertised if it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I don't know about that. I'm in the states. But double checking, yea it was on last night.

Alobar
06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
what is this? Everyone keeps saying its a cool premise. Whats the premise?

asofel
06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Various people have been abducted over the last 50-60 years or so. One day they're all returned, 4400 of them. No memory of what's happened, and some manifest certain changes, "powers" in varying degrees. One guy's physically stronger, faster, almost like he was trained in the martial arts. Another guy who was previously a serial killer finds he can induce others to do his killings for him. And so forth...

Alobar
06-06-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Various people have been abducted over the last 50-60 years or so. One day they're all returned, 4400 of them. No memory of what's happened, and some manifest certain changes, "powers" in varying degrees. One guy's physically stronger, faster, almost like he was trained in the martial arts. Another guy who was previously a serial killer finds he can induce others to do his killings for him. And so forth...

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that is a cool premise

asofel
06-06-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some episodes have definitely been interesting, some not so much, but worth checking out imho.

more info (http://www.tvtome.com/4400/)

daveymck
06-06-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was but at the end of season 1 you found out how and where they had been so cant see what the 2nd season entails.

brassnuts
06-06-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was but at the end of season 1 you found out how and where they had been so cant see what the 2nd season entails.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where had they been?

liquidboss
06-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Most of the series is set in the Seattle area right? I haven't seen the show but a friend of my girlfriend's was talking about it yesterday. I wasn't really paying attention but I remember her saying something about Mt. Ranier.

daveymck
06-06-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where had they been?

[/ QUOTE ]

The future.

IggyWH
06-06-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fanboy of the show but I thought the second season kickoff was just okay. Sort of disappointed me in the fact that I told numerous people to watch it.

It takes place 6 months in advance from the last episode and most of the time is spent bringing you up to date with everyone in very slow fashion.

Couple new characters and some new things so it kept me interested.

brassnuts
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where had they been?

[/ QUOTE ]

The future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah! I'm hoping you mean the future that is actually the current time in which the show is taking place. That would be cool.

"So, where did you go?"
"I came to now."

Klepton
06-06-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch reruns of LOST instead.

[/ QUOTE ]