PDA

View Full Version : $30/60 UB: Pushing AQs hard early, slowing down late

LarsVegas
05-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Same, very aggressive UB $30/60 game, 9 handed. I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif three off the button, and I am 3bet by the cutoff. Both blinds call, I decide to cap, all three call. Four to the flop for 16 small bets.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Checked to me, I bet, cutoff calls, small blind calls and big blinds folds.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif. Small blind checks, I check, cutoff check.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked around again.

I know I have a few comments, but I will save them for a little while. I can only say hindsight and some time to think this through really makes me feel I messed it up badly.

lars

Ian J
05-30-2005, 04:00 PM
Bet the turn. You've done everything to represent an overpair thusfar and you've picked up a stronger draw. This pot has gotten pretty bloated and you need to do what you can to win it here and now. Checking is just screaming take this one from me.

LarsVegas
05-30-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree. Not betting the turn is terrible. The main reason, I realized having thought about this a little bit, is that I run the risk of being pushed off a definite 4-outer and a possible 7 or (remotely possible) 10 outer, if cutoff bets and and the small blind checkraises.

But what I didn't realize really, was that there may be need for protecting the best hand too. I was up against K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. So they were playing collectively six outs. I didn't survive the river four. :-(

Lars