PDA

View Full Version : Couple More Hand Posts

PokerProdigy
05-30-2005, 03:25 PM
<font color="red">Hand 1</font>

<font color="red">Good push? Or should I wait it out?</font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1542)
BB (t2206)
UTG (t3130)
Hero (t1122)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t400, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1122 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls t722.

Final Pot: t2844

<font color="red">Hand 2</font>

<font color="red">Good push? Or should I wait it out?</font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1755)
Button (t2465)
SB (t1290)
BB (t2490)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1755 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t1140 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Final Pot: t3345

LeVoodoo
05-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Hand 1: You can't afford to wait it out. You're pushing this hand or next, and you've got an ace. That said, a limp on the bubble always scares the hell out of me. He had a monster.

Hand 2: As octaveshift would say, P-Push it real good.

microbet
05-30-2005, 03:35 PM
They are both pretty marginal IMO. If UTG is limping a lot, I think you can do this on the first one. I wouldn't do it without having seen a fair amount of limping though.

The second one is only good at a fairly tight table. I wouldn't do this without some read.

lehighguy
05-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Hand 1: Push

Hand 2:
How likely is the person to your left going to fold his BB if you go all-in from SB?
Is small blind aggressive or passive?
How many hands till blinds go up?
How likely are you to get a call.

According to eastbay this is a -EV move, but one might be able to justify it on a FE argument. I still think you have FE even if blinds go through you once because you'll still have 4xBB. Depends on the above factors.

LeVoodoo
05-30-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are both pretty marginal IMO. If UTG is limping a lot, I think you can do this on the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're only folding here because a limp obviously represents a monster, right?
Because with a fold here, Hero is pushing any-two next hand with little FE.

microbet
05-30-2005, 03:45 PM
If he hasn't limped a lot, limping may not be a monster, but there is a fairly good chance it is Ax or PP. There is a pretty fair chance that you will make the money here if you fold. I don't push any two on the next hand. Without much FE I would only play a semi-decent hand.

On the second hand, I think I would usually push, but I think it might be a mistake unless you know the table is tight.

Eyeback
05-30-2005, 03:50 PM
#1 All depend on your read on the limper. I would be very scared to push this though. I dont see why pushing any2 next hand is necessary either. You'll still have some FE from small blind (at least in the 22s where I play). You'll be amazed how much people are folding for small pushes.

#2 I would fold

LeVoodoo
05-30-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll still have some FE from small blind (at least in the 22s where I play). You'll be amazed how much people are folding for small pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

After posting the SB, Hero would have T522. Now assuming it's folded to him (wouldn't want to count on that)
and he pushes, the BB has to call 322 to win 1122. What kind of hands is BB folding here?

I wouldnt let myself get into that position in the first place, though, I push the A3.
If I go down, it's swinging and not being blinded down to 1-2BB's.

Eyeback
05-30-2005, 04:17 PM
accidently read that hero was the 1,5k stack. With only 1,1k its hard not to push though I wouldnt like it /images/graemlins/wink.gif