PDA

View Full Version : Found my leak, but unsure what is causing it

[censored]
05-30-2005, 12:18 PM
I think I have found my significant leak at 5/10 6max. My BB play is killing me. Currently I have lost 54% of the money required to post from the big blind, or (0.27)bb/hand.

All my other positions are seem ok and the sb doesn't seem to be a problem either. To put it in perpective if I was only loosing 35% or (0.17bb/hand) I would be making 2.37bb/100 but Im not, not even close.

I'm not sure what I even should be looking for. Do any of these jump out as so far away from optimal that it could result in such massive losses?

BB Stats
VPIP 19.44%
PFR 10.75%
went to SD 28% (much lower than everyother position)
Won $ at SD 50% (lower than other positions)

Folded BB to steal 70%
folded BB to steal HU 62%

The hands which should be positive on there own after a long enough period but are negative out of the BB

AJS, A9s, A9o, A8s, A8o, A7s, A7o, KQs, KJs, KJo, Kts, QQ Qjs, Qts, JJ, JTs, 99, 88, 66, 55, 33, 22

Are these hands alone enough to say that it could just be a bad run and I just to continue what I am doing and give it time? If I bring those balances just zero that gets me to 45% or (0.225)bb/hand. Can I assume that the expected positive amounts from those hands alone will bring me to where I need to be?

Thanks any help, suggestions are very much appreciated.

SomethingClever
05-30-2005, 01:34 PM
How big is your sample? Positional bb/100 stats take forever and a half to converge.

You're probably just running bad in the BB, although you should be defending it a lot more. Shoot for an FBB of 50-55%.

[censored]
05-30-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How big is your sample? Positional bb/100 stats take forever and a half to converge.

You're probably just running bad in the BB, although you should be defending it a lot more. Shoot for an FBB of 50-55%.

[/ QUOTE ]

just 10k hands total, 2k from the BB so that is what I'm hoping but at the same time it is troubling how much I am losing from there.

FBB = folded big blind to a steal? only heads up?

[censored]
05-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Hands played from BB for an additonal bet

HU

3bet: Axs, A7o+, KJ+, PPs
call: A6o-, K7-Kt, q8-qj, J9&jt, 89s+

1 limper + raise
3bet: AT+, KQ, 77+,
Call: A8s+ Kj, Qj, J9s+, 66-, 89s+

2limpers + raise
3bet, Aq+, JJ+,
call, Axs, A9-AT, KTo+, QTo+, 76s+, 88-, J9s+

Is this too tight, too loose?

SomethingClever
05-30-2005, 01:45 PM
FBB= to a steal. My HU # is a bit lower, but I'm not sure how much is optimal.

I'm not great in the blinds either at 5/10 (though I'm something like (0.16) from the BB) and my FBB% is 55. It's a comfortable level where I don't feel like I'm defending with utter crap, but I'm not giving up decent hands.

In games where I'm really comfortable (1/2), it's like 30-35%, which I think is probably closer to ideal.

twankerr
05-30-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting 2:1 immediate odds and will have position the rest of the hand. Definite leak.

ISF
05-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Im not convinced you should ever fold your BB heads up. That being said 62% is for sure way to high.

[censored]
05-30-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting 2:1 immediate odds and will have position the rest of the hand. Definite leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is only when the SB folds but is a raise from any pos where the sb folds to me. So I wouldn't have position most of the time.

still you are probably right about calling more.

[censored]
05-30-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not convinced you should ever fold your BB heads up. That being said 62% is for sure way to high.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically fold crap unsuited, unconnected undercards and call the rest?

twankerr
05-30-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is only when the SB folds but is a raise from any pos where the sb folds to me. So I wouldn't have position most of the time.

still you are probably right about calling more.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, and this whole time I've been completely wrong about what that stat meant. rawr