PDA

View Full Version : KQ from SB in Unraised Pot . . .

EasilyFound
05-30-2005, 11:57 AM
$11 SNG at PartyPoker. I found this to be a very scary hand because I would out of position and my opponent called twice. Maybe a better player is not so scared by this hand. I guess you'll tell me.

I supposed I could have raised preflop, and maybe I should have, so I guess that was a mistake. But I'm curious how you view my play from there, and how you would've played the hand differently. Would you bet out each time? Would you bet more? The Ace on the turn made me nervous, but I was less nervous about the hand when the second Ace fell on the river. Would you bet again on the river?

One thing about Killsnake. He had tripled up playing in two separate hands, each time having played baby Ace in limped pot and hitting two pair on the turn, at which time he had pushed. But I did not remember that at the time I played this hand. Learned it after reviewing the HH. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Here goes:

***** Hand History for Game 2098978754 *****
50/100 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 12491037) - Tue May 24 16:12:40 EDT 2005
Table Table 11044 (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: jrera (665)
Seat 5: mrperk10 (590)
Seat 6: killsnake420 (2420)
Seat 7: EasilyFound (1510)
Seat 8: mgmexpress (1320)
Seat 10: Finflash811 (1495)
EasilyFound posts small blind (25)
mgmexpress posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to EasilyFound [ Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Finflash811 folds.
jrera folds.
mrperk10 folds.
killsnake420 calls (50)
EasilyFound calls (25)
mgmexpress checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : Pot T150 [ 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
EasilyFound bets (100)
mgmexpress folds.
killsnake420 calls (100)
** Dealing Turn ** : Pot T450 [ A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
EasilyFound bets (200)
killsnake420 calls (200)
** Dealing River ** : Pot T850 [ A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
EasilyFound ????

willperkins
05-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Your play looks fine to me. The problem at the river is that you have t500 left. The blinds are 50/100 which means you could:

check/fold if you thought you were beat,
check/call if you weren't sure if you were beat
bet

I like to take the lead in this situation and bet.
Villian limped in from the button. Since he called your flop and turn bets I would put him on a str8 draw or flush draw (btw he is calling incorrectly if that is true).

He could also have a weaker Q than yours. I do not put him on an A because he would have raised your turn bet.

Since you only have t500 left and the pot is t850, some people would push here. However, since I think he has a busted str8 draw or flush draw, or a weaker Q than me, I would bet about t200 and see if I can get some more money from him if in fact he does have a weaker Q.

Of course I could be wrong and he could have 22, 33 or an A and he would come over the top of me. I would be pot committed and have to call.

Oh well!!

EasilyFound
05-30-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem at the river is that you have t500 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started w/T1510, something like that. Have more than t500 left.

Unarmed
05-30-2005, 12:52 PM
He definitely doesn't have AQ given the limp so the only hand you're worried about is Ax hearts and I don't think its likely given there's two aces on board and its an $11 so he'd probably raise a good deal of his aces when its folded to him PF so just check and let him bluff his hearts.

I like run on sentences.