PDA

View Full Version : DQ

gorie
05-30-2005, 11:53 AM
next time you go to dairy queen, order a misty float.

i mean, it's on the menu. but i get a misty slush 8/10 times when ordering a misty float. i don't particularly care for slushes,.. until they have ice cream in them.

i think it is because no one ever orders misty floats, so they probably don't know how to even make them!!
"this girl just ordered a misty float - what the heck is it ?" -- "uhhh, not sure dude, we never learned that one -- just give her a regular slush"

so if people started ordering it more, eventually they'd figure it out. right ?

BretWeir
05-30-2005, 11:55 AM
The Misty Float is good stuff. But the Peanut Buster Parfait is the nuts.

gorie
05-30-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i love peanut buster parfaits. i can't eat them while i wear braces though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pocket Trips
05-30-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you over-estimate the intelligence of most DQ employees

BretWeir
05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
I feel for you. Next time I'm at DQ, I'll get a Misty Float in your honor.

poker-penguin
05-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Strawberry cheesquake blizzard. Mmmm mmm.

Schneids
05-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Speaking of DQ that reminds me their chicken strip baskets have gone to hell. Five years ago the strips were probably 50% bigger and they gave twice as many fries as they do now.

I crave a cookie dough blizzard so much, no mistyfloat for me quite yet...

gorie
05-30-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no mistyfloat for me quite yet...

[/ QUOTE ]
i thought we had an agreement of some sort ?!

razor
05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good friends of mine own a DQ. They've had employees that after 3 weeks on the job still couldn't remember how to do things there are done 20 or more times a day.

gorie
05-30-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good friends of mine own a DQ. They've had employees that after 3 weeks on the job still couldn't remember how to do things there are done 20 or more times a day.

[/ QUOTE ]this is not sounding good /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:41 PM
misty freeze is the best.

gorie
05-30-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
isn't it the same thing ?
i don't think freeze is on the menu (though i am pretty sure they use to cuz i use to order them, now i'm afraid they wouldn't know what i'm talking about!)
although i guess with a freeze the ice cream is actually mixed in for you. so yes you are correct !

spamuell
05-30-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't eat them while i wear braces though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bah, don't believe that orthodontist propoganda intended to make your life even more of a misery than it is by putting metal in your mouth for years.

i [censored] HATE orthodontist scum.

gorie
05-30-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can't eat them while i wear braces though /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bah, don't believe that orthodontist propoganda intended to make your life even more of a misery than it is by putting metal in your mouth for years.

i [censored] HATE orthodontist scum.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i kind of agree with you. some of the stuff they tell you not to eat is not that big of a deal (as long as you brush right after - but considering most orthodontic patients are kids who aren't going to do that, i understand). and my ortho does indeed suck. but, i have tried to eat a peanut buster parfait already and it's too hard.
for certain foods , i end up concentrating too much on how i am chewing to really enjoy what i'm eating! like most snacks, anything crunchy.

my teeth are usually too sore to bite into hard food like nuts, though.

mason55
05-30-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
isn't it the same thing ?
i don't think freeze is on the menu (though i am pretty sure they use to cuz i use to order them, now i'm afraid they wouldn't know what i'm talking about!)
although i guess with a freeze the ice cream is actually mixed in for you. so yes you are correct !

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as i know, they haven't been on the menu in years. never had trouble getting one though, everyone always seems to know what it is.

and yes, you're correct. it's like a misty milkshake.

Jakesta
05-30-2005, 02:55 PM
The DQ double cheeseburger is great. So is the chocolate chip cookie dough thang.

KungFuSandwich
05-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Is this similar to the Frozen Hot Chocolate. (Misty Ice, Ice Cream, Hot fudge blended with the blizzard machine)

That was always my favorite Off menu item.

Recently though they quit making them for me. The indian proprietor told me *isert best Apu impression* "Oh no sir, we no longer carry that. We now have the Moolate" (pronounced Mooo-Late, as in a cow that is not punctual)

mmbt0ne
05-30-2005, 03:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to feel the same. Then the brownie batter blizzard came about.

kyro
05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Must....not.....make.....bad.....joke

BusterStacks
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would....not....be....funny....anyway

gorie
05-30-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
huh huh huh she said nuts.

stanky
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Since your back in this thread, can you describe whats in the misty float? I've been downin heath blizzards since I was a kid but think I have hit the wall and am looking for a change.

gorie
05-30-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since your back in this thread, can you describe whats in the misty float? I've been downin heath blizzards since I was a kid but think I have hit the wall and am looking for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is a regular slush (crushed ice + flavor syrup), with vanilla soft serve ice cream in it. usually served with a straw, and a spoon. the ice cream is too thick to drink through the straw right away but if you mix it all together with the spoon... mmm. tasty stuff.

Schneids
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
I got one at DQ this morning and it was decidedly mediocre /images/graemlins/blush.gif. I will definitely be getting a blizzard my next visit.

stanky
05-31-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got one at DQ this morning and it was decidedly mediocre /images/graemlins/blush.gif. I will definitely be getting a blizzard my next visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the Heath blizzard-my favorite

jakethebake
05-31-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you request double Heath. So good.

vulturesrow
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Mocha Moolatte pwns.

on_thg
05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got one at DQ this morning

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent choice. Soft serve is the real breakfast of champions.

Drac
05-31-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

German Chocolate Blizzard is the nuts. Not on most of the menus but they still make them. Tasty!

-Skeme-
05-31-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't think I could ever order a "Peanut Buster Parfait" and feel comfortable. That's a bit too [censored].

jakethebake
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I could ever order a "Peanut Buster Parfait" and feel comfortable. That's a bit too [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

what got censored here?

stanky
05-31-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you request double Heath. So good.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I didn't know you could do that. I'm going to Carpe Diem, there's a DQ just down the road. Anybody want anything?

stanky
05-31-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

German Chocolate Blizzard is the nuts. Not on most of the menus but they still make them. Tasty!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hagen Daz use to make a german chocalate cake ice cream, which in my opinion put cookie dough to shame. I was pissed to say the least when I could not find it anymore.

RacersEdge
05-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Can anyone out-chocolate me?

I mean I could do two scoops of chocolate ice cream, covered in hot fudge, with 2 brownies slammed into the side, covered with chocolate sprinkles...

Haven't DQ'ed in a while - they have something like that?

jakethebake
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone out-chocolate me?

I mean I could do two scoops of chocolate ice cream, covered in hot fudge, with 2 brownies slammed into the side, covered with chocolate sprinkles...

Haven't DQ'ed in a while - they have something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a girl? Why do girls like chocolate so much?

RacersEdge
05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Your theory is that anyone who likes chocolate is female? The chocolate industry would go bankrupt.

Jakesta
05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most anything with peanut butter in it is the shiznit.

jakethebake
05-31-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your theory is that anyone who likes chocolate is female? The chocolate industry would go bankrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. My theory is that anyone with an intense passion for chocolate is female.

edit: and why do they always eat a ton of it when they're raggin'?

Edge34
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Brownie Earthquake is the closest thing they've got...i think standard is vanilla ice cream, but I'm sure you could go for death by chocolate if you asked...

Jakesta
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
That's like saying that anybody with an intense passion for steak is male. It may appear to be correct on its surface, but it's not. I have seen many a girl down a lot of steak in one night.

RacersEdge
05-31-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I just disproved your theory.

jakethebake
05-31-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly you just haven't discovered your true self.

gorie
05-31-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm a girl and i don't like chocolate. what does it mean ?! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

gorie
05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you obviously did not get GRAPE.

besides, i never said they were the best thing ever !! but i definitely get a craving for them once and awhile and when i do, mmmmmmmmmm.

but i wouldn't wanna order 'em every time. i just want to actually GET one when i DO order it.

tbach24
05-31-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm a girl and i don't like chocolate. what does it mean ?! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That you are a tranny

Jakesta
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Wow lol

SomethingClever
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM
My wife loves milk chocolate. But HATES chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, pretty much chocolate anything except actual chocolate.

wtffffffffffffff

-Skeme-
05-31-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what got censored here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I think it was "[censored]."

tbach24
05-31-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife loves milk chocolate. But HATES chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, pretty much chocolate anything except actual chocolate.

wtffffffffffffff

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the same way.

wonderwes
05-31-2005, 08:22 PM
That DQ brownie blizzard is the bomb.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what got censored here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I think it was "[censored]."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I am such an idiot.