PDA

View Full Version : gold at five year high....

scalf
12-19-2002, 08:43 AM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif just when mighty scalf astrology jynx line forecast a high in gold prices...zoooooooooooom...up up, up...lol...maybe cartel of jp morgan and fed cannot keep gold prices down thru manipulation of shorting and lease fees artificially low....euro at 1.02....dollar needs propping...u.s. interest rates too low, but fed cannot increase...what to do?...blame trent lott...///lol..gl...merry christmas all...gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Ray Zee
12-20-2002, 11:43 PM
scalf, since it was a full moon out do you think the rise in gold prices were because of that. or is that too simple.

brad
12-21-2002, 05:46 AM
supposedly if gold stays above 330 banks take a bath on derivatives and there goes the ballgame.

scalf
12-21-2002, 07:51 AM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif zee, just for your own cultural aedification; ya should chart daily s +p 500 trading vs moon cycles...of course you'll say it's just a coincidence...hmmmm..cashing on coincidences....lol....gl...by the way ya gotta wear a blue pointy hat with stars and half-moons to truly understand my method...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
12-22-2002, 02:09 AM
Actually, I thought it was a 6 year high? Babe boos this mania in gold. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif This is just another bubble set to burst. Fade the trend, my friends, and LGPG. Happy Holidays to investors, traders, and wizards alike /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Ray Zee
12-22-2002, 04:03 AM
is it really a six year high. wow. but one big reason gold goes up is the opposite of what you might think. you would think gold goes up in times of uncertanty and that is true and it should go up in inflation, as its a hard asset. but the reason it mostly rises is when interest rates are looking to stay low. that is because then it is cheap to hold gold for speculation.

Wildbill
12-29-2002, 01:38 AM
Don't forget the value of the dollar in this. Gold is bought on world markets at dollar rates and as the dollar sinks, gold becomes cheaper for foreigners, who tend to buy more gold anyways. The biggest driver of this IMO is lack of other investment alternatives. Few have talked about this as much as I have, but people have to put their money somewhere. What is the point of putting it into 2% bonds? I think gold and real estate have become viable and bubblish just for this reason. People pulled money out of the market and had to put it somewhere and in vogue right now is the idea of going into gold because real estate has become inflated in many people's view. Just remember people have the investment bug bad, chasing big returns wherever. The idea that "uncertainty" is causing the gold run-up seems ridiculous. After all short of expecting all out nuclear war, what good is gold? Even if a recession hits, what value will gold have? None really. Its just rotation of money into momentum plays if you ask me.

scalf
12-30-2002, 08:00 AM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif hey..wb..according to "inside the millionaires mind" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ....over 85% of the millionaires interviewed felt very strongly that the support and help of their spouse was clearly a main reason for their financial success..ya got it made now...wb...gl...and happy holidays...gl /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Ray Zee
12-30-2002, 09:13 PM
yea and the other more stupid 15% got brow beaten by their wives.