PDA

View Full Version : My Aparment Smells, Get Air Filter?

toss
05-30-2005, 10:57 AM
My aparment stinks for some reason. Do any of you guys think its worth it to get one of these? Ionic (http://www.ionicpro.com/?src=affiliate&aid=11463&subid=)
Warning theres a infomercial in the first link.

It'd be great if any of you guys know about either one. Thanks.
Or should I go all out and get a $500 air filter? I cost too much (http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=SI737SNX)

tbach24
05-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Why don't you just clean it/hire someone to clean it?

bisonbison
05-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Find out why your apartment stinks.

toss
05-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Sometimes I have no idea where the smell comes from. Sometimes it also smells like poo. And theres no covering up poo. I tried using a glade air freshner and I just ended up with poo with a hint of roses.

gorie
05-30-2005, 11:18 AM
i doubt an air filter is going to make it smell better if there is something still causing the stink. if you think it will, perhaps you should try opening a window for awhile instead ?

i guess if you have the money it can't hurt to try. but doesn't it basically just recycle your air ? i don't think they replace current air with a fresh scent.

i agree w/ bison that you should continue to figure out where the stink is coming from, or you'll have a hard time getting rid of it..

do you leave a lot of dirty dishes around ? is your sink/drain clean ? floors clean ? bathroom clean ? do you take the garbage out enough ? have you spilled something on the floor without properly cleaning it up ?

or tell the ghost behind you to quit farting.

durron597
05-30-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i doubt an air filter is going to make it smell better if there is something still causing the stink. if you think it will, perhaps you should try opening a window for awhile instead ?

i guess if you have the money it can't hurt to try. but doesn't it basically just recycle your air ? i don't think they replace current air with a fresh scent.

i agree w/ bison that you should continue to figure out where the stink is coming from, or you'll have a hard time getting rid of it..

do you leave a lot of dirty dishes around ? is your sink/drain clean ? floors clean ? bathroom clean ? do you take the garbage out enough ? have you spilled something on the floor without properly cleaning it up ?

or tell the ghost behind you to quit farting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie & bisonbison are right.

That said, the ionic breeze is awesome. Do both!

toss
05-30-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah I should probably just get off my lazy ass and do a better job of cleaning up. I guess an air filter isn't going to do much anyways. Why do I need to pay $500 for clean air.