PDA

View Full Version : KK on the river

Loosemoron
12-19-2002, 06:27 AM
I raise UTG and get 2 calls in midposition. Both players play very loose nad call even 83s and similar hands. The flop comes Q93rainbow. I bet. Both call. Turn is a 7. I bet 1 call. River is a 2. No flush or straight out. I know the player will call my bet with bottompair and only raise with 2P or better. If i check he will bet with Midpair or better. Should i still bet or check call the river ? How is about checkraising here ? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-19-2002, 09:27 AM
You just said worse hands will call, worse hands will bet out and a better hand will raise. Will your opponent bluff reraise? Sounds doubtful to me.

Check-raise and fold to a reraise.

Louie Landale
12-19-2002, 01:23 PM
First of all, there are few dangerous and no safe cards when the very loose player is in; in this case the only card you DON'T want is an Ace, but even that wouldn't prevent you from betting for value (against this player). So don't worry too much about which river card came; you are just going to lose part of the time when the card snagged his hand (he's just as likely to have QJ as Q2).

Anyway... the opponent will NOT bluff raise; will bet a pair of Qs or 9s and will call with a pair of 7s, 3s, or 2s or a small pocket pair. I presume, however, if may very well bluff sometimes if you check.

Such a player is very unlikely to have Qs since he didn't raise earlier (likewise for JJ and TT); so check-raising gains you a double bet only when he has 9s (or unlikely 88). Checking also gains you a single bet when he bluffs. Checking gains you single bets when he has the other pairs.

Sounds like betting is preferable all-in-all unless he's a likely bluffer.

- Louie