PDA

View Full Version : ohnoes!! O_O

JackThree
05-30-2005, 07:04 AM
i don't know w hat to do on the turn

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds(yay), UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

deepsquat
05-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Personally id fold the flop but im notoriusly weak tight /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. The way you played it you need to bet the turn. You havent got a drawing hand (you hope) so taking the free card is useless. Betting the turn could possibly fold a weak jack. Check behind on the river UI.

Jacob_Gilliam
05-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Depending on reads, if there's any chance that the other two would fold, I'd bet the turn. Also, like the previous poster, I'd fold on the flop. Too many damn people still in, and anybody that calls almost for sure has a better hand than yours.

adsman
05-30-2005, 07:22 AM
I don't mind it. If you're going to keep going with that hand, that's how you want to play the flop. But you need to fire again on the turn. Firstly as it's a blank so it probably didn't help your opponents, (apart from perhaps giving somebody a flush draw or making a str8, maybe not a blank after all. Bet anyway). Secondly because your hand is very weak, thus you don't want to give tham a free card. Let's say one of your opponents is holding a 3. They call the flop, the turn doesn't help them, you bet, they fold, the 3 drops on the river, they cry and you win. Betting the turn will usually get you a free showdown as well if you want it.

Cris
05-30-2005, 07:25 AM
You raised the flop and it got checked to you on turn. The turn wasn't scary so I think now you have to bet it. It may fold a weak J, and you don't want to give overcards a free card. Fold to a raise on turn. I check behind on the river though, if your turn bet is called there is a chance its the J.

Jacob_Gilliam
05-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Is it just me, or does everybody here (on 2+2) raise with middle pair every time regardless of the situation. Sometimes it's correct but a lot of times it's a mistake.

deepsquat
05-30-2005, 07:31 AM
i dont like this flop raise. But if hero wants to continue this is the only play imo.

adsman
05-30-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or does everybody here (on 2+2) raise with middle pair every time regardless of the situation. Sometimes it's correct but a lot of times it's a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in my post, IF you want to go ahead with this hand, raising is the way to do it. You definately do not want to just call. Also, Hero has the perfect relative position to make this raise and knock players out. A lot of the time you won't have this position and thus a raise wouldn't be effective. If the pot is small I just usually fold it.

ArturiusX
05-30-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't one of those cases.

I like the flop raise with the backdoor heart out. The boards very raggy and I think we can get K7 and the like to fold.

@bsolute_luck
05-30-2005, 09:33 AM
like the flop raise. i'd bet the turn. and check behind on the river. i guess it depends on reads, but i see bets like these on straight draws as well. so that's what i'd do.

iNsChris
05-30-2005, 09:50 AM
If i raise this flop, I bet the turn.
Then i check/Fold river UI.

J Pair wont fold the flop raise, If you bet the turn our best hope is that he folds surely(doubt it though) or we improve, 6.5:1 pot odds+Implied a bet seems profitable no?

deepsquat
05-30-2005, 10:11 AM
wouldnt mind a few more opinions on whether to fold or raise the flop. For me this is an easy fold with this field, but im open to suggestions

Bodhi
05-30-2005, 02:38 PM
I fold the flop. But if you're going to raise, then why the hell didn't you bet the turn?

Jakesta
05-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Middle pair/shitty kicker.

The bane of good poker players everywhere. Drop it on the flop.