PDA

View Full Version : QJo in MP2...

DavidC
05-30-2005, 04:59 AM
Party 0.5/1

It's folded to me in MP2 and I have QJo.

It's my first orbit on the table and I haven't played with them before.

What's my play?

Shillx
05-30-2005, 05:00 AM
Raise. Raise it from MP1 as well.

Brad

DavidC
05-30-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise. Raise it from MP1 as well.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Party on, Wayne.

I mean, thanks.

Reason I'm asking is because I've been getting absolutely crushed recently: 800 hands -20/100. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Probably because of BS flop and turn moves, though.

--Dave.

Bodhi
05-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Disclaimer: I am no authority here (obviously)

But I would fold without a sense of my opponents and how they play. Later on, if I think everyone might fold or if bad players will call, then I raise.

PJM1206
05-30-2005, 06:12 AM
I might be whimp but I agree with Bodhi. QJo has been a big looser for me and I basically play it in LP as a general rule unless the table is passive but I would need to be at the table for awhile.

Cris
05-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Why should this be raised? I'm having trouble with a way-too-low PF raise %. Is it hoping to get the blinds with no flop? If I could get this stuff straight it would certainly help me getting my PF raise up.

deepsquat
05-30-2005, 07:09 AM
Personally i think raise or fold, you can toss a coin. If you have good Postflop skills and there arent many good aggressive players behind you this is an easy raise.

Open limping in MP is awful. Raise or fold.

adsman
05-30-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should this be raised? I'm having trouble with a way-too-low PF raise %. Is it hoping to get the blinds with no flop? If I could get this stuff straight it would certainly help me getting my PF raise up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're first to enter the pot from middle position there are a few ajustments that you need to make. Firstly you should probably muck the small pocket pairs and small suited connectors as they won't be worth playing. Medium pocket pairs, suited Aces and little offsuit broadways you want to play against either a lot of players or against one or two blind defenders, as often you can win unimproved against the blinds. Thus if it has been folded to you in middle position with these hands you should open raise to try and get it HU against a single blind defender. You're not going to get the multi-way action that you want by limping, so raise it up to try and steal those blinds. This assumes that you play well after the flop. If both blinds defend and bet into you on a flop that completely missed you, then you're going to have to re-evaluate the situation.