PDA

View Full Version : great lines to tell an annoying tournament player when you knock ..

lastsamurai
05-30-2005, 04:22 AM
I want to start a new post. great lines you could tell annoying tournament players when you knock them out.

WAIT...he has a STRAIGHT...to the PARKING LOT

youtalkfunny
05-30-2005, 05:26 AM
I was dealing to a jerk one night in a PLHE game. When he went bust, he snarled at the kid who beat him, "You (SOB), you get all my money in there, and then you draw out on me!"

The kid looked up from the chips he was stacking, and said simply, "Builds character."

I almost choked.

The kid noticed my reaction, and explained after the jerk left, "He busted me one night three years ago, and said that to me. I've been waiting all this time for chance to return the favor."

tylerdurden
05-30-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to start a new post. great lines you could tell annoying tournament players when you knock them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this make you just as annoying as the guy you just knocked out?

blaze666
05-30-2005, 10:23 AM
when i was playing 5 card draw with freinds, whenever i had a flush, i would say 'hey, matt, did you remember to FLUSH the toilet?' and then laugh manicly, while raking in my 6p pot.

or, you pick up the phone, and say, 'uh, yeah, could i get bob sagat, aka danny tanner on the phone? oh oh, he's not available? then can i talk to the olsen twins? because i got a full house bitch!'

PokerPaul
05-30-2005, 11:04 AM
i don't think you need any one liners to put a guy down AFTER you knock him out of tourney...at that point no words neccessary.

goofball
05-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Just enjoy his chips man. That should be all you need.

Photoc
05-30-2005, 01:32 PM
When the player says Nice hand after I suckout on him, I just say Thank you and stack up my new found fortune. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

goofball
05-30-2005, 02:35 PM
me too. I love doing that. Truthfully, it's probably on my top 5 of favorite things to do that are poker related.

lastsamurai
05-30-2005, 05:21 PM
hero: Hey...do you know any chip tricks?

villian: um i know a few?
Hero "too bad you cant show me any cause you have none LEFT!"

Photoc
05-30-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hero: Do you know any chip tricks?

villain: Yeah, I know how to make your chips dissappear!

mostsmooth
05-30-2005, 06:19 PM
this thread svcks

Photoc
05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this thread svcks

[/ QUOTE ]

What sucks is that the line above that you'd say to a player, lol.

KingCon
05-30-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

or, you pick up the phone, and say, 'uh, yeah, could i get bob sagat, aka danny tanner on the phone? oh oh, he's not available? then can i talk to the olsen twins? because i got a full house bitch!'

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to steal lines from the great Bill Fillmaff, at least give him credit

blaze666
05-31-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this thread svcks

[/ QUOTE ]

very creative post. i hope you are proud of yourself.

Bosyn
05-31-2005, 11:35 AM
My all time favorite when they bitch at my play or some such...

"What sorry can't hear you over the sound of me stacking my chips"

/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Matt Flynn
05-31-2005, 02:59 PM
not quite what you're asking, but when a table captain starts berating a fish for bad play, my favorite line is "success requires no explanation."

mosch
05-31-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good game, man.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Best line I ever heard was after I knocked a guy out of satellite at Foxwoods a couple of years ago.

I was the BB and had called his small all-in with KJ, he had Q9. The board was something like K-T-8-7-x

He looked at all the cards layed out on the table and said "Wait, I have a straight". I was about to say he couldn't use my cards, when another guy said, "no you don't. you're a jack off." /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ZenMusician
05-31-2005, 06:02 PM
.......still laughing......!!

nh

-ZEN

TruePoker CEO
05-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for playing, Seat open.

tek
05-31-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My all time favorite when they bitch at my play or some such...

"What sorry can't hear you over the sound of me stacking what used to be your chips "

/images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your post...

mostsmooth
06-01-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread svcks

[/ QUOTE ]

very creative post. i hope you are proud of yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
i am, but not because of that post

Punker
06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
One time I knocked a guy out of a live tourney and he said "I never would have called that". My response was "Never's a long time, man."

blaze666
06-02-2005, 02:37 AM
deep man, deep...

hotdog da 2rd
06-02-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1o minutes later......

hero: gl everyone, nice playing w/ ya.

observer: hey...do you know any chip tricks?

coffeecrazy1
06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Being from Texas, I have access to the best poker line I have ever heard:

"Well, they don't call it (insert current location) Hold'em."

That said, I also like to say "Bad beat," no matter what the situation, be it a monster suckout on my part, or some yahoo calling me down with Ace High when I have the nuts.

drewjustdrew
06-02-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this make you just as annoying as the guy you just knocked out?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. I think we have all played with "that guy" who annoys everyone at the table. It is usually appreciated when he is put in his place. In isolation, it is not annoying, but to do it continuously would be annoying. Think Mattias Anderson.