PDA

View Full Version : TPTK - Did I bet this right?

kayla
05-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 ($0)
CO ($13.56)
Button ($61.57)
SB ($40.27)
BB ($24.17)
UTG ($11.5)
UTG+1 ($34.25)
UTG+2 ($4.7)
MP1 ($16.9)
Hero ($22.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB (poster) calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.50) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button folds, SB calls $2, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: ($8.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3.

River: ($14.50) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $14.50

Caballa
05-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Bet more on the flop and turn. Bet the river.

kayla
05-30-2005, 04:20 AM
I guess you are right, how much would you sugest I bet on each street?

Caballa
05-30-2005, 04:33 AM
Personally I'd bet something like 3/4ths of the pot on the flop and turn, and around a third or half on the river to encourage a call from a weak king.
The way you played it, though, I wouldn't be surprised if SB had AJ / QJ and was calling along because of how weakly you were betting.

Edit: You might want to bet more preflop, too, to try to get heads-up. $1.5, $1.75, something like that.

fuzzbox
05-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Bet more on both flop and turn. You dont achieve anything by your less than half pot bets (apart from letting the guy draw for a wonderful price).

Bet anywhere from 2/3 pot to full pot

Malachii
Full pot on flop, 3/4ths pot on turn, given that SB has shown no aggression, value betting this river is fine. Fold if checkraised.

fuzzbox
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you bet the river ? What pays you off ?

kayla
05-30-2005, 04:52 AM
Most of my stack will already be in the pot with your line by the river. So if I bet the river can I really fold to a checkraise?

I think checking the river is fine, but what do I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuzzbox
05-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Checking the river is good.

kayla
05-30-2005, 05:16 AM
He showed QTs for the straight draw. I agree that I should have bet 3/4 to pot on flop and turn, to make his odds worse.

Sephus
05-30-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is only true if your opp is very aggressive and you will fold to a raise. if he is the typical loose passive player checking the river is pretty bad. there are plenty of hands that will pay you off and the river is was a blank. a hand that beats TPTK would probably have raised the weak turn bet.

a HUGE chunk of profits from NL come from people calling value bets on the river when the pot is big.

Sephus
05-30-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He showed QTs for the straight draw. I agree that I should have bet 3/4 to pot on flop and turn, to make his odds worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. dont be shy.

Sephus
05-30-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ, KT, QQ(!). this is party NL25.

fuzzbox
05-30-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ, KT QQ(!). this is party NL25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok - good point. I check behind on the river though :-), but I play a little higher. I am not sure how hard I pushed this when I played 25s.

AK = split,
KJ = lose,
Set = lose
Draw = fold
Weak pair = fold (should fold ...)

Since villain most likely has a draw, no need to bet.

fuzzbox
05-30-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is only true if your opp is very aggressive and you will fold to a raise. if he is the typical loose passive player checking the river is pretty bad. there are plenty of hands that will pay you off and the river is was a blank. a hand that beats TPTK would probably have raised the weak turn bet.

a HUGE chunk of profits from NL come from people calling value bets on the river when the pot is big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think there is much value in betting the river, because there are not really enough hands to pay you off. Only KQ and KT are likely. Villain likely has a draw, so he folds it if he didnt get there, and raises if he did.

However, since its NL 25, villain may be a donk - and if this is the case, then by all means bet the river (if he often calls with 2nd pair, 3rd pair, K-rag) and so on.

TreyOfLight
05-30-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you bet the river ? What pays you off?

[/ QUOTE ]KQ, KT, QQ(!). this is party NL25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's not that deep. A 3-street allin with TPTK just seems like a crappy, fishy play.

I much prefer either hero's original line (and instafolding to any agression), or $4-5 on the flop and pushing the turn. Everything in between (i.e., the bulk of the advice given here) adds up to pot commitment on the river.

Sephus
05-30-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you bet the river ? What pays you off?

[/ QUOTE ]KQ, KT, QQ(!). this is party NL25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's not that deep. A 3-street allin with TPTK just seems like a crappy, fishy play.

I much prefer either hero's original line (and instafolding to any agression), or $4-5 on the flop and pushing the turn. Everything in between (i.e., the bulk of the advice given here) adds up to pot commitment on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

given the way the hero played the flop and the turn, villain has basically all but announced he can't beat TPTK by the time he checks the river.

as for getting 88 big blinds allin with TPTK, if he calls 5 bb preflop and calls a pot bet on the flop, you can pot commmit on the turn or you can check behind and call/fold the river or value bet when checked to.

i dont think getting allin with TPTK at this level is such a fishy play if thats where your stack size takes you.

Sephus
05-30-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think there is much value in betting the river, because there are not really enough hands to pay you off. Only KQ and KT are likely. Villain likely has a draw, so he folds it if he didnt get there, and raises if he did.

However, since its NL 25, villain may be a donk - and if this is the case, then by all means bet the river (if he often calls with 2nd pair, 3rd pair, K-rag) and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

and raises if he got there? you mean if he had 42 or 74???

BlackRain
05-30-2005, 11:08 AM
I agree with value betting that river as well. This is 25nl here, no way this guy has been slowplaying a set or 2 pair all the way and then even checks the river in the hopes of checkraising. Chances are very high that you have the best hand. Value bet that river, you'll be surprised at the stuff like 77 that will make the call at this level.

BlackRain
05-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Also I agree with the others who said bet more PF to isolate your hand more. You don't want 3 or 4 other people seeing the flop against your AK. Also I agree that you should bet more on both the flop and turn. Fold if you are reraised.