PDA

View Full Version : pretty common situation, QQ flops an A

geormiet
05-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Alobar
05-30-2005, 02:50 AM
I dont really like the way you played this post flop. What is the turn raise for? You are just letting him fold his weaker hands. Theres no point in raising for the free showdown because it accomplishes nothing. And if the turn raise was for value because you dont believe hed donk bet an ace, then you should have bet the river (which would still be a bad line IMO) I suppose theres the chance he will fold KK or QQ, but these hands arent as likely, and without a read you cant assume he is even capable of this fold (very few are), so again, it serves you no purpose.

Basically, just call down, bet the river if checked to.

geormiet
05-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Very good points, thanks.

Roy6
05-30-2005, 06:35 AM
I think he wanted to charge the double flush draw

tongni
05-30-2005, 06:46 AM
Better just to raise flop, bet turn. If I get 3-bet, I can usually find a fold somewhere against a reasonable player.

clownshoes
05-30-2005, 07:17 AM
If anything raise the flop but I think a call down is more in order
Bet if checked to

geormiet
05-30-2005, 07:46 AM
The problem i have with this line is that a significant number of opponents will 3 bet with a worse hand, such as ONLY a flush draw, and you will find a way to fold a winner.

Calling down is only slightly more expensive (1BB more), but probably worth times that you would fold the winner by raising the flop and getting 3 bet. Also must include the 1 in 11 times that you hit the set by seeing a showdown.

Noodles
05-30-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Better just to raise flop, bet turn. If I get 3-bet, I can usually find a fold somewhere against a reasonable player

[/ QUOTE ]

what if you raise the flop and get 3 bet? what do you do then? he could be 3 betting a flush draw,he might even reraise a flush draw on the turn ,who knows.
i think calling down is the safest,if he is betting with less than QQ then let him

Noodles
05-30-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, just call down, bet the river if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i totally agree,this is my standard now in these situations,if he is betting less than QQ then raising the turn will cause most to fold,just let him bet into you with less,
if he has better then no way is he folding it on the turn