PDA

View Full Version : Multi Advice: General or NLHE specific?

AJ_Rider
05-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Considering the Party "Clash of the Titans" yesterday was in Pot Limit Omaha/8, I thought it was about time for this post...

Does anyone else think much of the advice which is given as general multi-table tournament advice seems specifically oriented towards NLHE? (especially regarding certain cases of aggressiveness in comparison to PLO8)

I am sorry that I do not have any handy examples, but may scour and provide some tomorrow when I'm less tired. Was just browsing, was reminded of this, and wondered if anyone else who also commonly plays multis other than NLHE noticed the same...

Lloyd
05-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Yes. And???

SossMan
05-30-2005, 02:15 AM
In general, aggressiveness pays off more in holdem than in other games. The nature of the game is such that you are almost always way ahead or way behind your opponent, so if you are appraising situations correctly, you should rarely be calling. In the other games, because of less shared cards (As a %) and hi lo splits, calling is more often the correct play.
This isn't really tournament specific, but game specific. If you mean that we talk about tournament theory in general to mean hold'em, well, it's because that's what 99% of the questions come from.

AJ_Rider
05-30-2005, 04:02 PM
I was mainly throwing the comment out there to assist any greener players who might be trying naked aggression in PLO8 multis and what-not. I see it a lot in the multis I play, and I welcome it. A lot of newer players think HE multi advice is gospel for all multis and I just wanted to share that this is not always the case.

SossMan
05-30-2005, 04:40 PM
point taken