PDA

View Full Version : Do you let her win?

BeerMoney
05-30-2005, 01:49 AM
U know, u play mini golf, or tennis.. Do you let them win so they're happy, or beat them so you don't look like a chump?

gunt
05-30-2005, 01:52 AM
i thought all women were douchebags?....who cares

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Practice with her so she can get better and put up a challenge.

I doubt I'd ever throw a game of something.

manpower
05-30-2005, 02:28 AM
I usually just play to have fun. I don't try very hard, but don't throw it either. Remember: you're still going to get laid whether you win or lose.

DBowling
05-30-2005, 02:29 AM
crush her

no mercy

Sykes
05-30-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
crush her

no mercy

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

scotty34
05-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Play as hard as you can, but with your wrong hand.

Ulysses
05-30-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

U know, u play mini golf, or tennis.. Do you let them win so they're happy, or beat them so you don't look like a chump?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat them by a little.

maryfield48
05-30-2005, 02:44 AM
El D is wise.

ClaytonN
05-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Win, but give the impression it could have gone either way.

Matty
05-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Create an atmosphere where it's clear neither of you are really trying. Just goof around.

Alobar
05-30-2005, 02:52 AM
letting them win is for pussies. And cool chicks get pissy when you throw a game for them anyway. Yeah, dont crush the hell out of her and make her look stupid. But tossing the game on purpose is the mark of the inexperienced.

gorie
05-30-2005, 02:57 AM
are you a professional mini golfer ? is she really that bad ?

Stuey
05-30-2005, 03:04 AM
I try my hardest to win and lose then I say I let her win even though I know she knows the truth. She lets me off the hook infront of our friends but never when it's just me and her. She and the other past gf's seem to enjoy it. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

poker-penguin
05-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Get a girlfriend who won't put up with that BS.

Don't be a douche about it - "ya ya ya I'm winning you putt like a cripple". But equally, getting caught throwing a game only impresses weak needy girls, and who cares about them.

Girls with a strong competitive streak are hot. Plus I think it's healthy for the relationship (but given my track record in "long-term" relationships, this might not be good advice).

Stuey
05-30-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"ya ya ya I'm winning you putt like a cripple".

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend who has 1 arm and 1 leg he shots 100-110 at real golf and putts much better than me. We do texas scramble tournaments and he is our anchor putter.

[censored]
05-30-2005, 03:14 AM
I have no "her" thanks for bringing it up [censored] /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CrazyEyez
05-30-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"ya ya ya I'm winning you putt like a cripple".

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend who has 1 arm and 1 leg he shots 100-110 at real golf and putts much better than me. We do texas scramble tournaments and he is our anchor putter.

[/ QUOTE ]

My four limbs and I shot 106 yesterday. I knew it was bad, but DAMN. I feel pathetic.

SackUp
05-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Do you really want to say you lost to a girl??

The only guys who "let the girl win" are those donks who stood a good chance of losing in the first place.

Hopefully she is somewhat of an athelete and can hang. Help her get better, but don't ever, ever lose. You will never live it down. It really only takes one time too as that is all she needs to bring it up regardless.

Stuey
05-30-2005, 03:29 AM
He was not a very good golfer before his accident. About 95-100 if he would hit off the ladies tees I am sure he could break 100 as he can only hit it 150 yards now. But he is a stubborn guy and refuses to go near the ladies tee unless hotties are there lol. He lost one arm all the way to the shoulder and one leg all the way to his hip. Kitty corner like, the left leg and right arm. He uses a crutch to stabilize himself and swings with one arm. It is something to see.

I’m an 8 Hdcp btw and he won’t take strokes from me. And he has beaten me on some holes, he knows I would never let him win. Man does he look happy when he beats me. Golfing right handed when you write with your left and are left eye dominant does not help your putting that’s where all my trouble starts. I have played rounds in which I have taken more putts than full shots! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pokerjo22
05-30-2005, 03:33 AM
You let me win at mini golf, and I'll let you win at poker. Sounds fair to me.

plaster8
05-30-2005, 04:05 AM
My wife and I went bowling on our first date. (It was her idea.)

I absolutely destroyed her, something like 180 to 90.

She was mad, but at herself for losing so badly. Obviously, we ended up going out again. And she has since beaten me at bowling.

InchoateHand
05-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Ahhh...the neverending search for something she wins at.

We thought we found it with darts, but then I practiced, bought a board and spent a few extra nights in the local.

Bowling? Hahahaha.
Scrabble? Hahahaha.

Wait, getting places on time and doing thing that were discussed being done. She wins.

bernie
05-30-2005, 04:10 AM
Relatively new to dating her? I'd let 'em win. But make it close.

Steady g/f or wife? Gloves are off!

b

JoshuaD
05-30-2005, 04:10 AM
I always play my hardest in any game against my girlfriend, she knows that's how I am. When she beats me she's that much more satisfied. It's never bad natured, she just understands that I don't enjoy a game unless I'm doing my best to win.

JaBlue
05-30-2005, 04:13 AM
magic the gathering and dungeons and dragons are not sports

PoBoy321
05-30-2005, 04:15 AM
I have never let my girlfriend win at anything.

She just beats me anyway.

nothumb
05-30-2005, 04:40 AM
My girlfriend pwns me at mini-golf.

We don't play too many other games because I'm big and she's little. It's just ridiculous. When we do I try not to embarass her unless I know she doesn't care (like if we're bowling, and I'm just trying to practice).

NT

InchoateHand
05-30-2005, 04:47 AM
Right...the old "unembarassing" let-me-beat-you-at-bowling-only-I'll-throw-through-my-legs.

You gentleman.

nothumb
05-30-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right...the old "unembarassing" let-me-beat-you-at-bowling-only-I'll-throw-through-my-legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only do this if there's a crowd. If it's just us I usually practice pretty seriously, or at least don't donk around.

And it's not my fault I'm a better bowler through my legs than most people are with a normal style.

NT

BeerMoney
05-30-2005, 10:23 AM
I remember the first time my wife and I played ping pong when we had just started to get to know one another... I'm a pretty good ping pong player, (table in my house), and she is Asian.. So, we were playing, I hadn't played in a while, and my timing was WAY off. My forehand was sailing off the table.. She was destroying me.. Then she started "letting me win"... But I was playing so bad, I still couldn't win. I ended up getting pissed. Sooooooooo pathetic on my part.

LondonBroil
05-30-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...and she is Asian..

[/ QUOTE ]

KungFuSandwich
05-30-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play as hard as you can, but with your wrong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad advice, thats how I sprained my penis

Phoenix1010
05-30-2005, 10:54 PM
This is funny. My gf and I used to play ping pong all the time. She had been playing for years when I played my first game and she whipped me pretty bad at first. After a few weeks I got to about even with her, but I know she let me win a few in the beginning because she knows how much I hate losing.

To the original question, if you're just playing around, it's fine to run the score up and it's fine to let her win, because no one cares. If it's something you're both competetive at, it's always best to keep the score close if you can. There's no gain in demoralizing your significant other (but there's not much gain in giving them false confidence either).

Slacker13
05-30-2005, 10:54 PM
I go for the jugular. My wife and I are very competetive with one another. Were both fine with it.

gorie
05-30-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and she is Asian..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
haha.

DougOzzzz
05-31-2005, 01:18 AM
In high school I dated this chick who played tennis, and went undefeated in doubles playing with her twin sister. There was a big story in the newspaper about it. I had only played tennis like half a dozen times in my life when I played her, and crushed her, 6-1.

I celebrated after every point. The relationship didn't last long.

gorie
05-31-2005, 01:22 AM
it is funny to picture a guy posting "should i let her win when we go play miniature golf today ?" -- comes to the conclusion, yes , he should let her win.
goes on the date with all intentions of letting her win, and then she gets a hole in one every hole.

"(i let her win)"