PDA

View Full Version : VPIP at tight tables- HELP!

deepsquat
05-30-2005, 01:16 AM
How do i get my VPIP up when playing at tight tables? Some of the tables at stars are really tight and my vpip is about 15%, what sort of hands should i be playing from EP?

eg- im not playing suited aces unless im in MP-LP and there is 2limpers already, too tight? except A10s which i will raise.

I raise 99 upwards as standard from anywhere AJo upwards also.

Im not comfortable open raising pocket pairs from MP, should i be?

Play 10-9s, 8-9s in EP or MP??

Where should i be playing JQo, Q10o and JKo from?

All these are on tables where 2-4 to them flop.

My postflop play and SH play has improved alot but im only breakeven at $1/$2, over 14000 hands, and im quite sure its partly due to a low VPIP. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

cheers

smartalecc5
05-30-2005, 01:18 AM
if you think about folding a hand preflop remember this rule

"any 2 cards can win"

and your answer will present itself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MrWookie47
05-30-2005, 01:28 AM
This starting hand chart (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1897985&fpa rt=1&PHPSESSID=) for 6max play will give you something to think about when it's folded to you in MP2 or later. This is fairly common at tight tables. Just replace UTG w/ MP2, MP with MP3, and you're set.

deepsquat
05-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks MrWookie /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ClaytonN
05-30-2005, 01:44 AM
These tables are typically full of passive players. Exploit that by raising more hands in LP and playing more aggressively on the flop if checked to.

A money maker, but I'd recommend waiting until evening American hours and exploiting the +35% VPIP tables on the PS 1/2 tables.