PDA

View Full Version : Flush draws: Common, obvious.

imported_anacardo
05-30-2005, 01:03 AM
As a rule, should one just overbet the flop with a hand likely to be best, but not wanting to [censored] with the four-flush? (e.g. two pair.) Or is this strictly -EV b/c it gives the draw-er a chance to play correctly (fold?) I can't decide whether it's more profitable to over-charge and thus lose action, or have to potentially spend extra bets / fold to a bluff figuring out where I'm at when the third flush card hits.

Izenra
05-30-2005, 01:15 AM
"Hi, my name is John Doe#1, I see 70 of call, agg factor of zero, always calling" <-- overbet

"Hi, my name is John Doe#2, I see 30 % of flop, agg factor little over John Doe#1, I know a little about pot odd"<-- bet ~ 3/4 pot.

"Hi, my name is John Doe#3, I see 10 % of the flop"<-- bet to kill his odd, (probably) fold if he raises.

imported_anacardo
05-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey. Use what you know about your opponents. It's a god-damned renaissance. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Let me attempt to save face: Let's say it's, like, five to the flop. Rule of thumb?

midget23
05-30-2005, 02:16 AM
from what position? early maybe check if you have someone aggro in the hand and pump it when it comes back around to you. if late position and its bet in front of you give it a bet+pot raise more if more callers, checked around to you in late position get a good 3/4-pot size bet in there.

Malachii
05-30-2005, 04:24 AM
I think overbetting is more useful when you're out of position against a potential drawer.

Izenra
05-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Hum if you end up with top pair top kicker on the flop with 5 people, RAISE PREFLOP! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Other than that, the overbet seem good. If you got position, you might wanna check it down after if you get even more caller.

imported_anacardo
05-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Specifically, I'm thinking of a hand in which I completed w/ QTo in the SB and flopped top two. On the one hand, with two Broadway cards & two of a suit on the flop, somebody's drawing strong to beat me. On the other... I'm greedy. The Grinder's Move would be to overbet here, but be he wiser than The Stacker?

xorbie
05-30-2005, 02:57 PM
With a board of QT and 4 other limpers in the hand, going for a check/raise isn't bad. Betting pot on the flop and pushing a non-flush turn is also not bad, depening on how many flop callers you have.