PDA

View Full Version : preflop decision with tens.

JaBlue
05-30-2005, 12:51 AM
30$ tournament. I have 22k, an above average stack, with blinds 600-1200 We're in the money but still a long ways from the final table. There are probably 40 people left right now. Table has been pretty weak so I've been raising a lot.

When I was UTG+1 I decided I would raise next hand with any two cards because SB had 10k and BB had 12k. I get T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif and raise it to 3600. I would rather raise 3000 here but I all ready raised 3600 this level a couple times. Damnit. Anyway, folds to BB who pushes. 8400 to call and 16200 in the pot.

BB recently moved to the table so no read.

If you say fold, what hands are you calling with here, and what hand range do you put him on?

If you say call, what hand range do you put him on?

Thanks.

Lloyd
05-30-2005, 01:06 AM
This is an easy call. If you've been aggressive and stealing a bit then the range of hands they'll put YOU on is certainly a lot larger than a tighter player. He's shortstacked and can be pushing with a pretty wide range of hands - many pairs, AK-AQ, KQ - and even hands like AJ-AT, KJ, etc. if he thinks you could be stealing.

You're getting almost 2 to 1 odds. At 2 to 1, you could call with any two cards. Any pair, decent ace, face cards would be an auto call. And you SHOULD call with many more hands than that.

DeadMoneyOC
05-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Insta-call!

sirdeej2
05-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Really no need to beat a dead horse here....to put it simply: call.