PDA

View Full Version : Update on my cheating gf

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:43 AM
So, I promised an update to my soap opera moment from yesterday. First, thanks for all the kind words, never expected so much niceness from all the OOTiots.

Anyways, I sat her down and told her that I saw the email and that was it. She said that she was just looking for older guys to hang out with and go on dates with for the summer and not a hook up. I wasn't that interested in her explanation but I let her try anyways.

I told her that she should go to LA to start her business and that we were no longer a comitted couple. However, I played my cards so that I now have a very attractive fuck buddy. Since I was planning to move to LA at the end of the summer it will be nice to have someone to [censored] when I get there. She already had plane tickets back to DC in a few weeks and she's going to come back to fool around and get her stuff. No more relationship though.

So the situation worked out decently. Obviously I'm not happy with how things happened. I'm also not going to wallow in self pity or rant about how much I hate women. Things happen. I believe that she wasn't looking to leave me, only for a companion for the summer (I know I"ll get crap for saying that but I know her and it's very very likely that's the truth) so it sucks that our relationship is [censored] up but I'll get over it. Already met a few girls last night and got some numbers, partially so that I'm not tempted to go back and partially because, well, i'm a pimp /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

In the interest of keeping my FB status I won't be posting pics to OOT (sorry guys) although I did take them before I brought things up. Mostly, I'm happy that I'm not on here asking how to ask a hot girl out. I would be much more upset if I had trouble getting girls.

tworooks
05-30-2005, 12:47 AM
just post them. she wont know

Soul Daddy
05-30-2005, 12:49 AM
You are either incredibly well adjusted or this relationship was just an excuse for you to have steady ass. Either way, I am impressed.

gunt
05-30-2005, 12:52 AM
good for you mason, you handled it like a man and you won't feel bad about your reaction down the road. Don't ever entertain thoughts of getting back with her though, no matter what she says to you. She already showed the kind of person she is ( lying to your face about the emails after she was caught red handed ). You don't need someone like her in your life. Just have sex with her, nothing more.

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are either incredibly well adjusted or this relationship was just an excuse for you to have steady ass. Either way, I am impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am incredibly well adjusted. i have been in several swinging/open relationships before. monogamy is not as important to me as 100% trust and honesty. this relationship was not a swinging relationship at any point so when i found out what i did it infuriated me. mostly because, from what i saw, i would have been ok with it had she told me. many people have trouble understanding this but for me it makes complete sense.

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good for you mason, you handled it like a man and you won't feel bad about your reaction down the road. Don't ever entertain thoughts of getting back with her though, no matter what she says to you. She already showed the kind of person she is ( lying to your face about the emails after she was caught red handed ). You don't need someone like her in your life. Just have sex with her, nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for the props. i am very glad i vented on here first before i brought it up with her. kept from doing many stupid things.

kerssens
05-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Thanks OOT! <shooting two thumbs up>

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We should compile a list of people whose lives were actually improved by OOT instead of people who had their ego and entire sense of being destroyed by all the hilarious assholes around here.

kerssens
05-30-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We should compile a list of people whose lives were actually improved by OOT instead of people who had their ego and entire sense of being destroyed by all the hilarious assholes around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I said something a while ago but I now shave in the shower because of a tip I read in here.

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I said something a while ago but I now shave in the shower because of a tip I read in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have learned many small pieces of life changing advice like that from OOT.

wacki
05-30-2005, 01:08 AM
mason55 I am impressed. Very well done sir. So much so, I am actually jealous. I wish I handled my situations that well.

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
mason55 I am impressed. Very well done sir. So much so, I am actually jealous. I wish I handled my situations that well.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the props. btw, i meant to say this in the last thread, but you can really just call me mason. it's my real name and all.

anyways, i'm very happy with how i handled this. i feel all old and mature. which, in turn, makes me depressed.

wacki
05-30-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel all old and mature. which, in turn, makes me depressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not old but wise. Also, for most people, wisdom rarely comes with age.

Eleanor roosevelt one said "You can't live long enough to make every mistake yourself, so learn from others".

So you should feel smart and wise, not old.

kerssens
05-30-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eleanor roosevelt one said "You can't live long enough to make every mistake yourself, so learn from others".

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt old when I caught myself saying..."its already the end of May?? Seems like it was just Christmas"

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man... thanks for that. never heard that quote before it's a keeper. it's going right under "Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -sun tzu on my list of quotes.

in other news, where am i? apparently i'm in some alternate oot universe where people are nice and have insightful things to say.

Ulysses
05-30-2005, 02:29 AM
OOT spent a lot of time on you. At least give us just a regular pic of this chick.

mason55
05-30-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OOT spent a lot of time on you. At least give us just a regular pic of this chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have in the past. But i will again tomorrow. I will bump this thread tomorrow with pics of her.

manpower
05-30-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heyeeeeee http://www.sitcomsonline.com/fonzthumbsupbw.jpg

Ulysses
05-30-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have in the past. But i will again tomorrow. I will bump this thread tomorrow with pics of her.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, mason, you are IN!

Bulldog
05-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't think this situation is as good as you think it is. I've been in something similar, and this is my experience: you will be just an FB for her, but you will still have feelings for her. She'll mention some other guy, or you'll see her with someone or hear a phone message and even though you should be okay with it per the rules of the FB, you won't be. You'll convince yourself that she still has feelings for you, because of the sex, and you will get hurt in the end.

If you really can drop your feelings for her, a girl you loved and who coldly cheated on you, then it may work. But I think that is much easier said than done.

Los Feliz Slim
05-30-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you've seized the moral high ground, don't relinquish it by posting pics of her here.

durron597
05-30-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you've seized the moral high ground, don't relinquish it by posting pics of her here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with posting normal pics?

[censored]
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I agree, I couldn't deal with a situation like that if I truly cared about the girl. I would just break it off and be done with her so I could move on.

Felix_Nietsche
05-30-2005, 12:10 PM
.....bull**** you. Typical chick behavior....

She lied of course about her internet contacts.
The German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said the most common lies in the world are lies we tell ourselves. She may have actually TRULY BELIEVED the bull**** story she told you but at some level of conciousness she knew you busted her and that she lied/deceived you. After all, why did she go to so much trouble to hide what she was doing if she was doing nothing wrong? A joke I was heard said that when men cheat it is because they are 'pigs' but when women cheat it is because their 'emotional neglected'. HaHaHa!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The average chick is a black-belt-kung-fu expert with it comes to emotionally combat and bull****ing a man. If a 200lb man with 5% body fat and who is an expert at hand-to-hand combat goes into 'emotional combat' with a 5'0" 100lb woman, my money says the 100lb woman is a 5:1 favorite to leave they man an 'emotional pretzle' after the encounter.

The best way to handle most women is being totally str8-forward and bold in your approach. This takes away their bull**** powers and you find out where you stand fast. It is analogous to moving all-in in against a NLHE maniac. Once you move all in, the maniac can't make any plays on you. He either folds or calls.

Anyway congrats on being a man and dumping her. You did the right thing. Telling her your evidence (emails) was probably a good idea because it limited her options to bull**** you. Also, you demonstrated that you were being str8forward and honest with her and that you were being a better person than her. Believe me. She respects what you did at SEVERAL levels.

Los Feliz Slim
05-30-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that big a deal, but posting someone's pictures on the internet without their permission isn't cool. Obviously not nearly as big a violation as what she's done, but the revenge angle has already been roundly rejected. What if someone here knows her?

Other side of the argument could easily be justified, just MHO.

SackUp
05-30-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that big a deal, but posting someone's pictures on the internet without their permission isn't cool. Obviously not nearly as big a violation as what she's done, but the revenge angle has already been roundly rejected. What if someone here knows her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ever post in OOT again.

Do you see why?

Los Feliz Slim
05-30-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.oddtodd.com/eat_me.jpg

durron597
05-30-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

So I ask a serious question, and he gives me a serious answer, and you decide to reply with a pointless flame and an egregious sklanskyism in one post. Well done, jackass.

http://oocf.free.fr/Images/FOND%20DECRAN%20JACKASS%208.jpg

Jakesta
05-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Serious queestion:

Why on earth would you want such a bitch as your [censored] buddy?

If a girl did that to me, I would never want to see her again, much less have sex with her. There are plenty of other women in the world.

I'll give you props, but [censored]: maybe you're just different than I am. I could never [censored] someone who was such a super bitch to me.

scotty34
05-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Well if he is the pimp he says he is, I don't really think this should be much of a problem at all. He will probably be able to find a great girl that he cares about much more in the future, and have a lot of fun with others until the right one comes along. Of course he will feel a little jealousy when hearing about/seeing his ex with someone else, EVERYONE feels this whenever ANY ex even mentions a new guy. In fact since he broke up with her, when they are in town together, and she sees him with a different girl, I think the problem will be much worse for her.

SackUp
05-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Dude OOT is about pics of chicks...naked ones at that. Any poster trying to prevent the distribution of chick pics on this forum has violated rule number 1 of OOT (Put up as many pics of hot hoes as you can). See Buster's post and his friend.

If you want to talk about the correctness of posting pics then go to the politics forum.

BTW, what happened to Ms. OOT. That died rather abruptly no??

OtisTheMarsupial
05-30-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't post pics.

Yeti
05-31-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ChicagoTroy
05-31-2005, 04:19 PM
I'd agree with you if it weren't for my brain, penis, and testicles.

DMBFan23
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
if this dude is a young twentysomething in the DC area, he'll forget awfully quick. especially with summer coming up and the class of 05 arriving shortly /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shajen
06-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Bump because knuckleheads keep bumping that other thread.

Vote4Pedro
06-21-2005, 02:06 PM
BURN!!!! You got served

oreogod
06-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Wow, Id just ditch the bitch. No reason to keep her around.

If you're any good at picking up women, I think this is a waste of time. Why take sloppy seconds when she gets back from giving it to someone else? Seems weak to me. But I cant stand that crap.

Just get rid of her, find someone else, probably a much more healthy route to go. Either way, you handled it better than most ppl.

oreogod
06-21-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EVERYONE feels this whenever ANY ex even mentions a new guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true for everybody. There are reasons shes an EX. And most of the time, by the time I see an EX, Ive already been dating 2 other girls, in which case I really dont care.