PDA

View Full Version : Family guy tonight

rusty JEDI
05-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I am not the largest family guy fan but have always enjoyed the show but probably havent even seen half of the episodes.

From what i remember from the first few seasons they had good story lines with good jokes and the show was funny.

But tonight was just terrible. They just throw in any random thing at anytime and think random stupidity = humour. Putting a good funny story line together is tough but random stupidity is not hard to do. The show cant do this every week before people get sick of it.

rJ

slickpoppa
05-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Was there actually a new episode tonight? I just assumed that there would not be a new episode because of Memorial Day.

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Not sure what you're talking about, Family Guy was pre-empted by the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 tonight.

manpower
05-30-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure what you're talking about, Family Guy was pre-empted by the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, I'm comming up all ??? regarding the op.

rusty JEDI
05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Interesting. I just assumed it was new because i hadnt seen it before and it didnt fit the mold of all the shows i saw before. I have not yet seen any of this seasons so i figured it was most likely a new one or a replay of a new one.

Im in Canada so what the hell is memorial day?

rJ

kerssens
05-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Which episode was it?

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I just assumed it was new because i hadnt seen it before and it didnt fit the mold of all the shows i saw before. I have not yet seen any of this seasons so i figured it was most likely a new one or a replay of a new one.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Memorial day is a holiday in the US that was created to celebrate drinking, BBQs, and the start of summer. We all have work off tomorrow.

kerssens
05-30-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Memorial day is a holiday in the US that was created to celebrate drinking, BBQs, and the start of summer. We all have work off tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said something similar to a friend when I was in middle school and a one armed Vietnam Vet heard me and gave us a long lecture.

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said something similar to a friend when I was in middle school and a one armed Vietnam Vet gave us a long lecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do veterans have to do with memorial day?

kerssens
05-30-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said something similar to a friend when I was in middle school and a one armed Vietnam Vet gave us a long lecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do veterans have to do with memorial day?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you remembering on Memorial Day? Now that you mention it though, I think it was Veterans Day.

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What are you remembering on Memorial Day? Now that you mention it though, I think it was Veterans Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm remembering all my BBQs from past summers and the fact that I can now wear white pants, were I to actually own a pair.

LoaferGee12
05-30-2005, 01:14 AM
I saw an ad for it for 9ET but the Nascar race was on. What was the episode about?

rusty JEDI
05-30-2005, 01:28 AM
The episode was terribly random. The only aspect of a story line was that Peter was trying to do something to be remembered by. He ended up going for the world record in eating nickels, but got nickel poison and turned blind. He later saved a guy from a burning building.

rJ

LoaferGee12
05-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Ah, that was the 3rd episode of the new season (2 weeks ago I think). I also didn't like that episode, but I thought the return of the chicken was funny.

mason55
05-30-2005, 01:30 AM
this was the last new episode, originally aired 14 days ago. i thought it was funny, but not an amazing cartoon.

it's kind of like the simpsons. when i watch old episodes i realize what an AMAZING show it used to be. a real plot in every episode along with edgy, random, crazy wild jokes. now they've run out of plots and just have the jokes which are usually overplayed. family is good because it still has the new car smell but unless they go back to season 1 with good plots it will die again quickly.

Phildo
05-30-2005, 02:20 AM
The new episodes have all sucked. So has American Dad.

ClassicBob
05-30-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The first episode of the new season was one of the best episodes Family Guy has produced.

slickpoppa
05-30-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The first episode of the new season was one of the best episodes Family Guy has produced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The first episode was great, the other two were weak. Hopefully they come back strong very soon.

Jack of Arcades
05-30-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you why: it had a lot of Brian and Stewie. The best episodes are the ones focusing on one or both.

Aytumious
05-30-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you why: it had a lot of Brian and Stewie. The best episodes are the ones focusing on one or both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Those two are clearly the best characters. Just seeing Brian with a martini is enough to make me smirk.

Anders_G
05-30-2005, 09:09 AM
i think season 2 and 3 were better than season 1. i guess it's because i prefer stewie as a queer rather than a diabolical genious.

jack spade23
05-30-2005, 07:53 PM
however much i like the return of the chicken and stewie's new kinda attitude (queer) i still think theyre running on the old seasons' jokes. they need new stuff. still funny though

Fabian
05-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I think Family Guy has the same problem with renewal as almost any semi-long going show.