PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Top Pair

allintuit
05-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Over the past 10,000 hands or so that I have played on Pokerstars, mainly at the 10/25 cent and 25/50 cent no limit tables, I have won a good deal of money. However, I have noticed one major hole in my game. I do not protect my good hands with raises and therefore suffer a high percentage of hands where I am drawn out on the river. It seems that I protect my hands well preflop with raises, but I never seem to play hands like top pair or middle two pair well on the flop. I oftentimes get drawn out by flushes and such because I fail to protect my hands well. What kind of tactics can I use to remedy this? Thanks all.

Allinlife
05-30-2005, 12:52 AM
post hands

blackize
05-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Posting hands would help us to help you. How experienced are you? Most players I see with this problem have yet to go through the full progression from loose passive to tight passive to tight aggressive. Get used to thinking about what your opponents hand might be, then figure out how much he can pay to try to outdraw you. Since I have started doing this I have become astoundingly more successful.