PDA

View Full Version : The locked door trick

PokerFink
05-29-2005, 11:46 PM
Appologies if this is common knowledge, I heard this for the first time tonight and I thought I would share.

So we all know that women have many tricks for seeing whether a guy is a keeper or not. Well here is one for the guys.

When you pick up a girl on a first date, get out of your car and lock the doors. Then when you walk back to the car with her, unlock her door with the key, not the remote thing, and open it to let her in. Then walk around the BACK of the car (takes more time) and watch through the rear window to see whether or not she unlocks your door by hitting the button (or reaching across if you're car is sad enough not to have power locks). If she does it, it means she is interested enough to look out for you and have some common courtesy. If she doesn't... well... she may not be worth your time.

ScottyP431
05-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Yea this is from a movie, and the quote is in an ataris song to i believe. It works better withought automatic doors though

Edit- its from a bronx tale

gorie
05-29-2005, 11:51 PM
that's kind an unfair way to judge interest. considering women have a difficult time with doors, and their complicated locks.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's kind an unfair way to judge interest. considering women have a difficult time with doors, and their complicated locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Especially around cars, where there are multiple mirrors and other shiny objects all over to distract them.

jakethebake
05-29-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Especially around cars, where there are multiple mirrors and other shiny objects all over to distract them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Everyone knows they are especially confused when in cars.

kerssens
05-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I really like when a girl unlocks my door for me. I always open doors for them and do gay stuff like that because I know how it feels to get that courtesy door unlock.

bwana devil
05-30-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always open doors for them and do gay stuff like that because I know how it feels to get that courtesy door unlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love your use of the word gay in the sentence. that's great. im on board w/ nothumb w/ the use of it but i can appreciate the humor in using it in this context.

mason55
05-30-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really like when a girl unlocks my door for me. I always open doors for them and do gay stuff like that because I know how it feels to get that courtesy door unlock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i agree. I will open a girl's door every time I'm out with her. If she does something like reach around and open the door just once for me it really feels good.

I'm a huge sucker for girls that will put moves on me or go out of their way for me. I won't get into a real relationship with a girl unless she's shown that she will go out of her way for me. Even opening the door once or some other act that's usually a chivalrous guy thing is enough.

Blarg
05-30-2005, 12:27 AM
I agree. The "extra effort" thing is very cool, and it's not good when it only goes one way. It's messed up if you don't appreciate the value of those little things, whether you're male or female.

If you can't do these kinds of small, thoughtful courtesies for others, or think you shouldn't because you're hot stuff or the female or whatever, then you could be the Princess of Monaco herself, and still you wouldn't have any class.

gorie
05-30-2005, 12:40 AM
i think it's pretty safe to say it should be an automatic reaction to unlock the door for anyone if you're inside of the car and they're on their way to the door.

however sometimes a girl might be too distracted with the guys sexiness and might forget once and awhile. GEEZ YOU GUYS EXPECT A LOT !!! jk

wacki
05-30-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When you pick up a girl on a first date, get out of your car and lock the doors. Then when you walk back to the car with her, unlock her door with the key, not the remote thing, and open it to let her in. Then walk around the BACK of the car (takes more time) and watch through the rear window to see whether or not she unlocks your door by hitting the button (or reaching across if you're car is sad enough not to have power locks). If she does it, it means she is interested enough to look out for you and have some common courtesy. If she doesn't... well... she may not be worth your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great test BEFORE the powerlocks became common place.

kerssens
05-30-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
however sometimes a girl might be too distracted with the guys sexiness and might forget once and awhile. GEEZ YOU GUYS EXPECT A LOT !!! jk

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I tell myself but if you look real close you'd be able to see the tear in my eye as I start the car.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-30-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i agree. I will open a girl's door every time I'm out with her. If she does something like reach around ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you guys, but I smiled.

RacersEdge
05-30-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great test BEFORE the powerlocks became common place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or really the wireless key entry - you're really not saving any effort by opening the door for someone from the inside...

Alobar
05-30-2005, 03:03 AM
yeah this is pretty much common knowledge now (it didnt used to be) and most girls know this "trick". So when I get some ho who doesnt do it, I like to pull on the handle to the door like I thought it was going to be unlocked, and then fumble with my keys for a sec or two because then I know she feels like a dumbass and realizes she forgot to "reach over" and has "failed the test".

fimbulwinter
05-30-2005, 03:07 AM
i think that sequence sets off the alarm on my jeep.

fim

slickpoppa
05-30-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah this is pretty much common knowledge now (it didnt used to be) and most girls know this "trick". So when I get some ho who doesnt do it, I like to pull on the handle to the door like I thought it was going to be unlocked, and then fumble with my keys for a sec or two because then I know she feels like a dumbass and realizes she forgot to "reach over" and has "failed the test".

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I'd never even heard of this until reading this thread.

Stuey
05-30-2005, 03:44 AM
I go unlock her door and she looks at me like wow. Grabs the keys and says thanks I always wanted to drive your truck! /images/graemlins/cool.gif I would say she passes then.

If you find this girl send her my way plz.