PDA

View Full Version : Humiliatingly misplayed, I'd say.

imported_anacardo
05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 ($41.75)
CO ($12.23)
Button ($28.1)
SB ($22.25)
BB ($21.97)
UTG ($29.77)
UTG+1 ($0)
UTG+2 ($38.8)
Hero ($19.25)
MP2 ($23.95)

(Big blind limps with a lot of junky offsuit hands, but that hardly seems relevant here. UTG+2 is a boorish jackass & seems like your classic "strong when weak, weak when strong.")
Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2.75</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $2.75, Hero calls $1.50.

(That dumb-ass minraise + the call(!) from UTG+2 gave me a nice overlay, I think. I'm not in love with this situation, though.)

Flop: ($9.60) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.25</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.
(I hardly know what else to do here. Let's close the action and take a draw w/ my backdoors, right? Who bets a quarter? Guy acts like he's BEGGING to be raised.)
Turn: ($10.35) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, UTG+2 calls $5, Hero calls $5.
(Perfect card. But is it time to make a move here? That earlier minimum bet + this sudden wake-up says AA, KK, AQ, maybe even a set of queens if he's really dicking around. The semibluff raise isn't much of a weapon on these tables, is it? Hrm...)
River: ($25.35) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.
(Lop off my nuts and hand them to me, please. On the one hand, missing a value bet like this seems inexcusable... on the other hand, who's gonna call with anything I can beat? What if I'm raised? On still another, these guys are pretty dull knives. What's the move here? Should I find out my skirt size?

Final Pot: $25.35

xorbie
05-29-2005, 10:13 PM
BB obviously has either AA or KK, so I don't really mind a value bet at the river there. If you get check/raised it's an easy fold, but I would think one of them bets out with the nuts here.

stu-unger
05-29-2005, 10:41 PM
i really dont mind the way you played the hand being that it was multi-way in a 25-max room where a bazooka wont get the guys to fold a hand. i think id check that river also even though these chumps would probably pay you off with trips but, on the other hand some of them are so weak to check call with the king of spades or think its great play to check raise the nuts so check and take down the $25 pot and be happy u went runner runner to take it down. ps im in a bad mood hence the bad mouthing of the newbies no offence to any one.