PDA

View Full Version : How to kill the party real quick

Ulysses
12-18-2002, 09:01 PM
This one's bad on a couple of different levels...

About a week ago I'm at a really fun 15-30 table. 4 friendly regulars, all decent players. 1 regular donator. 2 very weak visitors. 2 complete unknowns.

The table is lively, everyone's talking and having a good time, there's plenty of action but it's not wildly aggressive. The 3 players expected to donate are playing their role. Haven't gotten much of a bead on the unknowns' play.

Fast forward an hour or so. Unknown A raises pre-flop and Unknown B 3-bets. By the turn, it is obvious that Unknown A has either a set of 8s or 9s. Unknown B smells like an overpair or a wildly overplayed AK.

River is a King. Unknown B bets. Unknown A raises. Unknown B says "your set is no good - I spiked mine on the river" and 3-bets. Unknown A waits for what seems like an eternity and B says "save your money - muck it and I'll show you my hand." Unknown A thinks about it, tosses his 88 face up and says "I fold." Dealer mucks his cards, then B bullet-folds his cards into the middle of the muck!

There was a little talk back and forth, then the table went almost dead silent for the next hour. It then broke soon after when the 3 donators and Unknown A left. In that hour, I think the donators played about one hand each.

How about that...

bernie
12-19-2002, 01:38 AM
player a shouldve never folded his hand. that was his own fault. especially that close to showdown with that big a pot.

but yeah, it was a table killer...kind of a jerk move, but hell, it worked. gotta give him that.

btw....after an hour of play, the unknown should be known shouldnt he?

b