PDA

View Full Version : Sng books

KingDan
05-29-2005, 09:06 PM
I just got my rakeback payment and will be getting an amazon.com giftcard. I will be spending some of it on poker books.

So far I have read SSH, TOP, and Phil Hellmuths Play Poker like the Pros (my first book, it was 1/2 the price of the others books, and I recogized the name).

At the moment I am mainly concentrating on SNGs, and what to improve. What are some books that would help me? I plan on getting HoH 2 when it comes out.

treeofwisdom7
05-29-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got my rakeback payment and will be getting an amazon.com giftcard. I will be spending some of it on poker books.

So far I have read SSH, TOP, and Phil Hellmuths Play Poker like the Pros (my first book, it was 1/2 the price of the others books, and I recogized the name).

At the moment I am mainly concentrating on SNGs, and what to improve. What are some books that would help me? I plan on getting HoH 2 when it comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

dam man cant you take a second to read my survey post.. read the books they reccomend and piss on hellmuth and his book. haha!

TH FLUSHDRAW!

Phoenix1010
05-29-2005, 09:10 PM
The only ones that are going to mildly helpful for SnGs are TPFAP and HOH. Every holdem player should HEPFAP as well. Read the forum and read it right, and you'll be spending your time better. It's free too.

-Phoenix

Jman28
05-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I assume you're playing NL SnGs. SSH isn't very useful for them. Good book though.

You want HOH 1&2, TPFAP by Sklansky, and NL/PL poker by Ciaffone/Reuben.

KingDan
05-29-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dam man cant you take a second to read my survey post.. read the books they reccomend and piss on hellmuth and his book. haha!

TH FLUSHDRAW!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been 4 tabling, and 'decided' to make the post before 9... hadn't noticed your thread.

fluorescenthippo
05-29-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

... Phil Hellmuths Play Poker like the Pros (my first book, it was 1/2 the price of the others books, and I recogized the name).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I love how you justified this.