PDA

View Full Version : $25 rebuy live tournie, 3 handed...

embersonfire
05-29-2005, 09:01 PM
First post...

Was just wondering what people made of this...

3 handed, $25 rebuy... 1st $310, 2nd $150 and 3rd $100

Blinds are 1k/2k

UTG folds, and is big stack with 45k

SB is Hero with 14k, hole cards... 7 7

BB has 23k... (only read is he is a very solid player, and prob the best player at the final table, he has not shown down a bluff in four hours of play)

1) What should hero do? Push, Raise, Call, or fold?

2) Hero raised up to 7k straight here, and was then reraised all in. Hero should call? based on chip stacks, and prize money?

3) If Hero was going to raise, should he have raised all in straight away?

Result: Hero called the re-raise all in, BB showed AQ, and caught a Q on the flop, and a flush on the river.

Would an all-in from Hero have got BB to fold? Probably in my view... If I played it again, I'd prob go allin straight away, but based on my raise to 7k, I think a call was the right play based on chips and prize money. People agree?

Lloyd
05-29-2005, 09:15 PM
You should have just pushed. 77 is a strong hand 3-way and you can't make a normal raise (which you did) and then fold to a re-raise. You're getting too good of odds to fold. And yes, with this type of hand (which you'd prefer to just win pre-flop) since you're going to call his re-raise you should put the pressure on him and push to begin with. I don't think he would have folded AQ but that's not really relevant on how you should play the hand.