PDA

View Full Version : Mentor/Poker Tutor/Etc

Eihli
05-29-2005, 08:57 PM
I've seen a few posts on dealing with this subject and was wondering if someone could provide me with more details. Are there many posters doing this? What is the usual agreement? A percentage? Hourly wage? Is it worth it?

Thanks.

treeofwisdom7
05-29-2005, 08:59 PM
ive seen a few of these in the past weeks.. nobody here is a mentor..

your best bet is to post a few hands a day and see what we say about them

Phoenix1010
05-29-2005, 09:04 PM
I hear xPuns1her is offerering tutoring in the art of raping the 215s. Applicants must be willing to be consumed with evil.

-Phoenix

Big Limpin'
05-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Dude ill let you in on a little secret...."mentor", "backer", "tutor", these are all code words for "life-partner". If thats your thing, then this is the place, i just dont want you to naiively walk into a arrangement where you might get a nasty little suprise.

Nah man, just kidding. Hey, i dont really know alot about mentoring, but i imagine the payment would be a percentage of increased profit by the one getting helped. Like if i was pulling 10% ROI at a given level before you started to help me, we would agree that any returns above and beyond taht in the future would be split between us. But thats purely speculative, and prolly every offer is different.

I think the problem you run into is the people who would be the best teachers have the biggest opportunity cost if they devoted hours to mentoring.

Jman28
05-29-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like if i was pulling 10% ROI at a given level before you started to help me, we would agree that any returns above and beyond taht in the future would be split between us. But thats purely speculative, and prolly every offer is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half of the difference for life? I'm genuinely curious as to how this works out. I may be interested in mentoring since I'll be taking a 2 month break from poker soon for travelling reasons.

Big Limpin'
05-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Erm, no, i guess for a set timeframe. Couple months maybe. Like i say, i dont know, just guessing.

iMsoLucky0
05-29-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear xPuns1her is offerering tutoring in the art of raping the 215s. Applicants must be willing to be consumed with evil.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! Just a wonderful post.