PDA

View Full Version : Early level blind battles

KingDan
05-29-2005, 08:41 PM
General question.
Level 1-3 folded to you in SB, what do you complete/raise with?

As bb if SB minraises what do need to play.

yoadrians
05-29-2005, 08:50 PM
This is actually a pretty good question.

For me, and this is just me, in those first three levels, I just make a point to flat-out not mess around with situations like this.

If I'm in the BB, and the SB mini raises me, unless I have a hand I would normally play in the first three levels (any PP, AK, AQ or KQs) I will fold. Period. End of story.

And same thing if I'm in the SB. Unless I have a playable hand (see range above), I'm folding.

Some may call this weak. But really, if someone wants to steal my BB of 20, 30 or 50, and I don't have a good hand, well fine, take it. Why get in a pissing match that early, I say.

I'll save my chips and try to build up a decent table image for later ... when I think it matters more.

Again, that's just me, and I tend to fall on the safe side of these kind of things. But, IMHO, no need for a pissing match when there's so little to gain from it all.

treeofwisdom7
05-29-2005, 09:04 PM
im gonna agree with the guy above .. but i'll prolly play a few more hands to complete with. in the bb dont worry about defending early on

ewing55
05-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I used to just not worry about it. But I found that leads to the SB always stealing you blinds. Now I started defending a little bit. Of course then I flopped top two pair. Unfortunately SB flopped bottom set. I was out of the tourney for defending t15. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I guess I'm trying to say is I am trying to find the fine line in between. I do know that when the SB trys to steal and I had TT and just pushed, he folded and never tried to steal again.

Of course I'm just a rookie, I could be wrong.

-----------Jeff

LeVoodoo
05-29-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But really, if someone wants to steal my BB of 20, 30 or 50, and I don't have a good hand, well fine, take it. Why get in a pissing match that early, I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Then the blinds get bigger, they think they can push you over by consta-raising your blind, and over the top you go.

yoadrians
05-29-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But really, if someone wants to steal my BB of 20, 30 or 50, and I don't have a good hand, well fine, take it. Why get in a pissing match that early, I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Then the blinds get bigger, they think they can push you over by consta-raising your blind, and over the top you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW!
That's what I'm talking about /images/graemlins/smile.gif

elonkra
05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I'd act the same way I'd act UTG.

Big Limpin'
05-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Id be willing to play any 2 with him on the cheap...not gonna raise, but just complete and see a flop. Not for profit now, but just to geta feel on how agg he will be when we are in high blinds.
Edit: Like id lead at him small bet on flop, and if he instamucks, that gets filed in teh memory bank...so when we have the same situation @ 200-400 bubble, i know.