PDA

View Full Version : THIS is what's Scary

09-16-2001, 02:21 AM
They're making it sound like it was such an elaborate master minded plan. I don't see it. They picked a low travel day and had trained suicidal pilots board 4 aircraft at the same departure time. Doesn't seem all that elaborate to me.

Terrorism is all too easy to pull off. Especially if one is willing to give his own life in the act. Especially in a free country such as ours. Especially if we are not willing (and we should not be) to give up our way of life and freedoms and live in constant fear.

09-16-2001, 06:59 AM
Consider Israel:

1. Been a target of terrorism far more than anywhere else.

2. Probably does more than any other country to combat terrorism, including armed retaliation and a sacrafice of personal liberty.

3. Still a victim of terrorism on a monthly basis. If not more often.

It can be very easy.

KJS

09-16-2001, 10:03 AM
Both of you make good points- it is frightening to think what these guys are capable of and how succesful they are at terrorizing citizens. If the terrorists get their hands on ICBM's we are totally F***ED!

I know that this sounds brutal, but I think that this country really does need to wage serious carnage against these rogue nations. We may end up killing millions of their people but hey, our governments prime objective (regarding foreign affairs) should be the safety of it's citizens and allies.

09-16-2001, 10:33 AM
Lets hope we can find a better solution to the problem, than killing millions of people. I want justice as much as the next man and yes nuking them has crossed my mind during moments of anger and hate.

We should be relentless in our pursuit of the terrorist who have killed our citizens. Then continue and all out war on terrorist around the world. We may never be able stop them all but they should pay a severe price for their despicable acts. This Administration will be judged by what it does in the short run and the long run regarding terrorist.

SPM,...hate charges a heavy tax on the one hating...

09-17-2001, 08:29 AM
Bin Laden did say American freedom and openness is a weakness that can be used against us. Do I see a simmering inferiority complex coming from one of Saudi society's privileged? Does he resent that his own social roots are as primitive now as a dozen centuries ago? Does he not anguish that all modern aspects of his society are imported from ours, and that without the accident of petroleum deposits his people would be involved in technology no further advanced than animal training? Of course this is our fault. Therefore he hates us.