PDA

View Full Version : Off topic (if asked, I will delete)...

elonkra
05-29-2005, 07:27 PM
...just graduated from law school and landed my first real job, have a nice office that I'm in the process of decorating. I'd like to find one poker-related piece to put in there, whether it be a paperweight, bookend, container, photo, painting, or picture. I'd imagine it needs to be something rather small. Wanted to know if (1) any of you guys have any great ideas; or (2) think it'd be a turnoff for the average layman to walk into his lawyer's office and see something poker-related adorning the walls/shelves.

I know this isn't STT-related, but this is the only place I post and I'm hoping I'll be cut a little slack just this once. As I said, however, I'll understand and delete if asked. Thanks.

durron597
05-29-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...just graduated from law school and landed my first real job, have a nice office that I'm in the process of decorating. I'd like to find one poker-related piece to put in there, whether it be a paperweight, bookend, container, photo, painting, or picture. I'd imagine it needs to be something rather small. Wanted to know if (1) any of you guys have any great ideas; or (2) think it'd be a turnoff for the average layman to walk into his lawyer's office and see something poker-related adorning the walls/shelves.

I know this isn't STT-related, but this is the only place I post and I'm hoping I'll be cut a little slack just this once. As I said, however, I'll understand and delete if asked. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would probably be better served in OOT. Even though they don't know you there.

skipperbob
05-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Go to two parties; at one introduce yourself as a new Lawyer; at the other introduce yourself as a poker player; report the results /images/graemlins/confused.gif

elonkra
05-29-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to two parties; at one introduce yourself as a new Lawyer; at the other introduce yourself as a poker player; report the results /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your way of saying "don't put an ace of spades paperweight in your office?"

lorinda
05-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Have a large "PUSH" sign on the door. You'll get a smile out of it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lori

elonkra
05-29-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have a large "PUSH" sign on the door. You'll get a smile out of it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is funny.

BeantownCaller
05-29-2005, 08:07 PM
adding on...how about "Push any 2"...people might be confused but maybe someone would get it

SuitedSixes
05-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Dogs
Playing
Poker

Phill S
05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
in a variation on a theme, get a local artist to do you a painting (or my fave, a pencil sketch) of a dog playing online poker.

In fact, this is so good, im going to ask an art student next academic year to do one for me.

Phill

dan123
05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
what a stupid post. who gives a crap what poker related item you put in your office? why do you think we care.

runner4life7
05-29-2005, 08:57 PM
then dont read it jerk, I like the Push sign, I find that hilarious

treeofwisdom7
05-29-2005, 09:01 PM
DELETE POST.. and if you dont do that

then get a hot chick with a pair or Aces on her tits.

Al P
05-29-2005, 10:02 PM
http://www.pokerheads.net/products/32/greg-fossilman-raymer

sahala
05-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Did you decide what you're going to do? Congrats on graduation + job by the way. I know law school's tough. Definitely +EV.

smb394
05-30-2005, 01:25 AM
I think the PUSH sign idea is hilarious. I personally have the Stars travel coffee mug on my desk for my morning/lunch/afternoon coffee, but I'm in a [censored]-level entry job. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The Yugoslavian
05-30-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dogs
Playing
Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Booooooooooouuuuuuurrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnsssssssss!

Weird....I hate the damn dogs. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I say get a hookah pipe dealio...way better than any poker or law related thing.

Another idea is to have random signs on the wall like 'Stop N Go' 'POOOOOOOOSH' and 'SHIP IT' and stuff...that might rule if done well.

Yugoslav

smb394
05-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Maybe a sign up on the wall that says:

Can you see why?

Geordie Ramone
05-30-2005, 01:36 AM
A goldfishbowl with a dont tap the aquarium sign

runner4life7
05-30-2005, 01:38 AM
I really like doing a bunch, the push sign on the door, i think the fishbowl is hilarious and perfect, and a can you see why sign, wow, maybe i will be redoing my apartment now.

Blarg
05-30-2005, 02:10 AM
You should keep a stack or two of chips on your desk, and riffle through them and stack them with one hand while you listen to your clients' stories. Give them a piercing look every once in a while and either freeze up your chip shuffling or rapidly accelerate it when they say key things, so it looks like you're catching them bullsh_itting you. If one comes out with a really transparent big lie, stand up and shove the whole pile of chips all-in on them like Johnny Chan knowing he's going to take their house.

This also works on dates.

DasLeben
05-30-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should keep a stack or two of chips on your desk, and riffle through them and stack them with one hand while you listen to your clients' stories. Give them a piercing look every once in a while and either freeze up your chip shuffling or rapidly accelerate it when they say key things, so it looks like you're catching them bullsh_itting you. If one comes out with a really transparent big lie, stand up and shove the whole pile of chips all-in on them like Johnny Chan knowing he's going to take their house.

This also works on dates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic. /images/graemlins/grin.gif/images/graemlins/grin.gif

treeofwisdom7
05-30-2005, 02:42 AM
i said delete this $HIT... ahh well even if not its interesting..

elonkra
05-30-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I'd leave it up since there were a lot of funny replies. And because I decided to go with the hot chick with the aces on her tits.

treeofwisdom7
05-30-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured I'd leave it up since there were a lot of funny replies. And because I decided to go with the hot chick with the aces on her tits.

[/ QUOTE ]

cant argue with that.. ok your right Good post!

Pete H
05-30-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dogs
Playing
Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I 2nd that.

Or design something of your own.

I asked an artist friend of mine to paint a Simpsons version of DPP painting. Not that original, but I liked the idea and I just had to have it (can't paint myself).

The reference came from Threehouse of Horror IV

Bart: We come now to the final and most terrifying painting of the evening. To even gaze upon it is to go mad.
Homer: (looking at the painting) Aah! They're dogs... and they're playing poker! Aah!

sahala
05-30-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
stand up and shove the whole pile of chips all-in on them like Johnny Chan knowing he's going to take their house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the concept of just shoving chips on them every 5 minutes is just great.