PDA

View Full Version : A 3-2suited hand.

tripdad
05-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($99)
BB ($127.58)
UTG ($34.85)
MP ($34.15)
Button ($165.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, Button calls $155.35 (All-In), Hero calls $74 (All-In).

Final Pot: $265.35

do you play this any differently?

opponent is very loose preflop, though not extremely aggressive, but not passive either. he is very aggressive after the flop. these #'s with 102 hands against:

PFR: 7.33
flop AGG: 4.33
turn AGG: 10.00
river AGG: 9.00

cheers!

crazygoose
05-29-2005, 07:17 PM
i cant really see villain making the final push with anything less than two pair or a set. I think its a terrible call. stats only go so far...sometimes you have to use common sense too. Just because they're aggressive doesnt mean they habitually bluff against a bet and a reraise. Without a better read I just call his flop raise. (only because your implied odds are good against an opponent like that)

tripdad
05-29-2005, 07:35 PM
there's already almost $140 in the pot(that i can win), and you fold for $74?

cheers!

Ghazban
05-29-2005, 07:50 PM
This is not a bad play. Flat calling the raise and then checkraising any turn all-in works well against some opponents (specifically, those who can lay down two pair to your "obvious" set/straight). Your way has the benefit of showing you won't be pushed around. The only issue here is that his actions indicate that two pair will not win you the pot and making trips probably won't, either. Unfortunately, by the time you find that out, you have odds to to call just with your flush draw + gutshot. With deeper money, this could play out differently but, in your situation, I like your play. Hope it worked out for you.

tripdad
05-29-2005, 09:00 PM
this was my thinking exactly. i really wanted him to lay down his top pair hand when i came back over, and then i found out he had a bit more than that. i thought the pot was plenty big enough for me to call by that time, but had i been as deep as he was, i certainly would have folded.

anyone else say fold?

cheers!